cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo Crash on launch

Firelance
Explorer
Can't get Lone Echo to start up, I get a black screen then a Bugsplat error reporting app popping up asking me to report it, which I do and send logs, has anyone else had this problem?, any quick ideas on what I can to to get the dam thing to run?.
47 REPLIES 47

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you check if either of these 2 files exist and delete them it they are there?

%PROGRAM_FILES%\Oculus\Software\Manifests\ready-at-dawn-oc3demo.json

%PROGRAM_FILES%\Oculus\Software\Manifests\ready-at-dawn-oc3demo.json.mini.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
@CHE can you upload your LogGatherer logs too, see here for directions.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

CHE
Explorer
Solved my problem. Mcafee was quarantining loneecho.exe

TheSmJ
Explorer
I too am unable to launch Lone Echo. However Echo Arena and other games work just fine.

When I launch LE, I get the white room, stay there for a while first with "Please wait" and then briefly "Lone Echo is taking a while...", and then I get bounced back to Home with no explanation. I disabled Avast AV and there was no change.

LogGatherer file attached.

EDIT: I tried Firelance's idea of starting LoneEcho.exe and it still doesn't work. No change after exiting our of MSI Afterburner either.

tomuk01
Honored Guest
l get package ready at dawn lone echo (ready) failed to launch app 1971014

JohnnyLee
Explorer

TheSmJ said:

I too am unable to launch Lone Echo. However Echo Arena and other games work just fine.

When I launch LE, I get the white room, stay there for a while first with "Please wait" and then briefly "Lone Echo is taking a while...", and then I get bounced back to Home with no explanation. I disabled Avast AV and there was no change.

LogGatherer file attached.

EDIT: I tried Firelance's idea of starting LoneEcho.exe and it still doesn't work. No change after exiting our of MSI Afterburner either.

I am having the same problem. Cannot launch Lone Echo. It either hangs in the black screen with stars (and no tracking), or it bounces me back to the Oculus Home. What the heck? Driver update didn't help.

Any solutions yet??
John 14:6   <--- (About 7 seconds after you clock out, you'll find out if Jesus meant what He said...)

TheSmJ
Explorer
I sent a PM to LilTrashPanda over Discord and gave him some info. He said he would bring it up with the other devs. Unfortunately LE didn't make any logs itself so I didn't have any to send him, but check in ...\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\_local to see if you do.

Spyder561
Honored Guest
I am also having the same issue.  It will not load same message: package ready at dawn lone echo (ready) failed to launch app 1971014

JohnnyLee
Explorer
Going to uninstall and reinstall Lone Echo again and see if that helps.
John 14:6   <--- (About 7 seconds after you clock out, you'll find out if Jesus meant what He said...)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having a similar problem in that the single player loads up fine, but when I go to launch Multiplayer from within Lone Echo I just get a Loading screen.  It just sits there and nothing changes ... do I have to download Echo Arena separately from Lone Echo?

And I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. 

Ok so downloading Echo Area separately did the trick for me, strange that it requires both to be downloaded independent of each other, not sure if I missed that somewhere ... I just assumed that Lone Echo would have it automatically included.