Shipping time EUROPE ONLY - Page 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Shipping time EUROPE ONLY

Comments

• namodnamod Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Hmmm, I noticed weird thing with Amazon.de
    First of all- I don't see they sell that bundle anymore. I ordered it yesterday and it said they were out of stock and they will get stock again on 22-nd and will be delivered between 26 and 28...
    But weird thing is that if you look at the Oculus Rift package separately- it says that it is in stock and if you look at Oculus Touch- they are also in stock. So I am just wondering how come you can order Rift and Touch separately and get them shipped right away but when you ordered a bundle- it was saying out of stock and didn't ship it either?
    Well, I am ok with waiting to get it shipped somewhere next week. Pretty sure it will be faster to get it through amazon than with Oculus... But it's just weird :-)
  • migotmigot Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Two tracking numbers:) yeeeey
  • jonas.bjorkegren.9jonas.bjorkegren.9 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Went from Sweden to Bordeaux on holliday and bought it at Fnac
  • HardLandingHardLanding Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    In the UK,
    Ordered midday on12th and just received my 2 UPS tracking numbers.
    Patience has paid off.
  • irelapirelap Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ordered from the UK on the 15th. No news yet, and no updates when contacting support for some kind of ETA.
    When I mentioned that if the delay was going to be very long, I might order it elsewhere, they put my order on "Hold" until I confirmed that I still wanted it. How ludicrous! I likely lost my slot by a few units (I didn't see the email from them for about 8 hours), which is frustrating. I was simply asking a question, and have now been bumped down the queue. They say that's not the case, but I don't believe it if they put me on hold...
    It's not unreasonable when ordering something to expect some idea of timing for delivery. It doesn't have to be exact, but come on Oculus!!
  • Gugu42Gugu42 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    It's VERY likely that what happens is this : 

When the queue gets to your number, if you're on hold, they ignore you and go to the person after you.
    Given the date you ordered, if you're back to "TBA" state now, it won't have changed anything.
  • Gargunza73Gargunza73 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Hey guys,

I just got an answer from support with some hint of dates!!!:

We've seen overwhelming demand with the Summer of Rift sale, and we’re working hard to deliver your Rift and Touch bundle as soon as possible.

We’re expediting inventory to fulfill outstanding Oculus.com webstore bundle orders globally, and we expect to see improvements in shipments over the next two weeks. We’ll be sure to notify you when your Rift + Touch bundle is on its way.

We plan to be back in-stock for new orders globally by mid-August. Online and local retailers may offer different or faster estimates, and we’re easily able to cancel your order if you’d like to purchase through a retail partner instead.

• flexy123flexy123 Posts: 791
    3Jane
    Lord, I must have chosen the WOOORST time ever for my exchange. (I sent my unit back to where I bought from and have NOT ordered the new one from Oculus yet). They say "global stock mid-August"....which for me reads like it could well take 3-4 weeks until I have a new one here. And I am already getting the jitters and serious withdrawals not having VR...
  • Dark_4ceDark_4ce Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Hmmm... wonder what they mean by new orders. Like new new as of today, or new as of 15th onwards which woul coincide with some previous estimates... I guess I'll find out mon-tue...
  • CodyMoltarCodyMoltar Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Ordered on the 16th from the Netherlands, no change in status yet.
  • LazermilkLazermilk Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    To confirm for those who cancelled to order from amazon instead, I received my touch box today and still saying Tuesday for the headset.
    Ordered it on Thursday so not bad going compared to Oculus direct!

Now the touch box is just sitting there... mocking me!  :|
    NerveGear
    Should I be concerned?
    I ordered mine from Amazon and at the time when I was ordering it- there was no problem with shipping to Denmark. But now when I look at ordinary Oculus Rift, not bundle- they say that they won't ship to Denmark. And the same for Oculus Touch- won't ship to Denmark.
    And also weird thing is that at the time when I ordered it was two separate things- Oculus Rift and Oculus Touch, and it was out of stock. But now if you look Oculus Rift separately and Oculus Touch separately- both are in stock... it's just the bundle that is out of stock.
  • NolRNolR Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    what is the status of your order ? If you could pass it, then amazon will deal with it. I had issues to have it ship to belgium, sometimes could click, sometimes not. I had to cancel since Oculus sent before amazon.
    The two separate items are not the same as a bundle. My guess is that they bundle "manually" some of them to cover for the bundle being out of stock.
    Again, what does your order say ? I would be confident with amazon, usually very few issues with them.
    Brain Burst
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, it said they wouldn't ship to Austria before I managed to order it later in the day, then again after I had ordered it said they can't ship to Austria again.

• longshot1984longshot1984 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Ordered 16th from Spain. Nothing yet.
    NerveGear
    Thanks for answers guys!
    Well, it says- NOT YET DISPATCHED.
    Guess only thing I can do is wait and see. Hope to get not as a bundle, but as two separate things, where XBOX controller is included.
    @ Lazermilk, but did you actually got what you've been ordering? Or is it Oculus and you are pretty much on the same ship then?
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017
    namod said:
    Thanks for answers guys!
    Well, it says- NOT YET DISPATCHED.
    Guess only thing I can do is wait and see. Hope to get not as a bundle, but as two separate things, where XBOX controller is included.
    @ Lazermilk, but did you actually got what you've been ordering? Or is it Oculus and you are pretty much on the same ship then?
    Yeah I got the box with touch controllers and sensor today and says the rift will arrive Tuesday so seems like there won't be any delays. :)
    NerveGear
    Ok, cool. Guess then I should be good as well. Will keep you guys posted :-)
    See you all in VR battlefield! :-)
    Brain Burst
    namod said:
    Ok, cool. Guess then I should be good as well. Will keep you guys posted :-)
    See you all in VR battlefield! :-)
    Would have preferred getting the rift first, at least then I could have used it! Now I just have some controllers i can't yet use... 
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Ordered on the 18th, still nothing yet from the UK. 

I ordered from Oculus, not sure if I should keep my order here or order from elsewhere. My reasoning is that right now, my ticket is in the system and hopefully I should be within the first wave of restock, whereas if I cancel and order from somewhere else, I'm going back to the back of the queue, and will be at the mercy of the resellers stock, which I assume would be behind Oculus' stock. 

What to do, what to do. 
  • ChaizForLifeChaizForLife Posts: 1
    NerveGear

England: I ordered mines on the 18th of July, but still no response. This is driving me crazy as I really want to get my Oculus Rift. this is so stupid how they are just focusing on the ones in America. they should have them dispatched into groups. Lets say one flies to Spain, drops of deliveries, one to England, drops of deliveries, and one to France, and drops of deliveries.

Also I need to know roughly when will my order be out for delivery.

• ShotrabShotrab Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    UK here as well, ordered on the 17th and still nothing. the wait is starting to get bad. I say it will get out for delivery around 7th August
  • ErikRedbeardErikRedbeard Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Netherlands here. Ordered on the 14th.
    Still on "TBA when your order ships"
    Just decided to order from Game. They claim an estimate of the 30th of July, and because I get nearly £8 in points, that'll go toward a nice Steam card for my first VR game. 

One thing that worries me is that nowhere in Games description does it mention 2 sensors. I assume it must have have 2, since I'm sure you need 2 for touch controls. They also show 2 in the pictures. 

To be honest, it sucks that Oculus are being so silent about estimates and stuff, but I ordered the DK1 years ago, and that had shipping delays of months, not days/weeks, so I'm more than happy waiting.

• idimmuidimmu Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    You will get 2 sensors, its 100% required for Touch to work, so no worries on that one buddy. I ordered here on the 18th, so im in for the long ass wait.
    idimmu said:
    You will get 2 sensors, its 100% required for Touch to work, so no worries on that one buddy. I ordered here on the 18th, so im in for the long ass wait.
    Thanks. I ordered a third sensor from a nearby second hand tech store since I hear that's better for tracking. Its going to be a little annoying having one sensor, but no idea when the rest is arriving, but at least it'll be here eventually. 

Hopefully if a few places are estimating for the end of the month, you'll get yours around the same time. I would have kept my order here if I didn't get that small reward point bonus with Game. It'll be nice to get a game or two from my wishlist since I was planning on just playing the free games and demos for a bit. 
  • CrommiCrommi Posts: 10
    NerveGear

England: I ordered mines on the 18th of July, but still no response. This is driving me crazy as I really want to get my Oculus Rift. this is so stupid how they are just focusing on the ones in America. they should have them dispatched into groups. Lets say one flies to Spain, drops of deliveries, one to England, drops of deliveries, and one to France, and drops of deliveries.

Also I need to know roughly when will my order be out for delivery.

They have distributing centers in the major regions, it looks like EU orders are sent from Netherlands and currently the wait time seems to be just over a week. You will get tracking numbers when they ship it out.
  • BanyansBanyans Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Ive ordered from both Oculus direct and Game. Hoping one of them comes through this week with a dispatch email.
  • Jock77Jock77 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Hi I'm from Scotland and ordered the units at 4.10pm on the 14th July and of course nothing heard but I have a very good feeling that most of the orders early 14th July have been sent or the e-mails have been sent out on Fri 21Jul so therefore the orders for the afternoon of 14 Jul should be sent out on Mon 24th but if that is not the case then will have to come up with another plan. Its such a great saving but the wait is terrible and as usual Oculus has no Communication with their customers except for the usual. Most companies who have huge orders would have their staff working the weekends and give them more money just to get rid of the backlog. However best of luck to the people behind me.

• gordobrowngordobrown Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Jock77 said:
    Hi I'm from Scotland and ordered the units at 4.10pm on the 14th July and of course nothing heard but I have a very good feeling that most of the orders early 14th July have been sent or the e-mails have been sent out on Fri 21Jul so therefore the orders for the afternoon of 14 Jul should be sent out on Mon 24th but if that is not the case then will have to come up with another plan. Its such a great saving but the wait is terrible and as usual Oculus has no Communication with their customers except for the usual. Most companies who have huge orders would have their staff working the weekends and give them more money just to get rid of the backlog. However best of luck to the people behind me.

Also in Scotland and actually ordered about 20 minutes after you, not had any change in order either.  With seeing some orders from 14th go out I figure your probably right and if they have stock Monday we should hopefully see something then.  But this depends on when they are due a restock.