cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Play The Unspoken due to error.

DojoGrant05
Honored Guest
I got The Unspoken as some sort of trial when I got my Rift late last week. The game went inactive when the trial ended, and I didn't get to play it, but I left the install. I then purchased The Unspoken in one of the summer bundles, but when I tried to play the game, I got this error:

Error occurred: Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later (OVR75318303): If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help. Package insomniac-games-the-unspoken (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Twice. I keep getting the same vague message, and I have no idea how to fix it if uninstalling the game and rebooting my system doesn't fix it.
9 REPLIES 9

Dambala
Explorer
I got the same error with "the mages tale" did the same procedure as you with the same result. i hope to hear some inputs from other members. i will try today some fixes and tell a little later. 

Dambala
Explorer
ok im back and i think i got the answer 

Try to exclude the oculus software folder from your antivirus, try to allow the processes/executable from your games in your AV
for a quick check deactivate your AV try to run the games
seems a little bit strange but after excluding and checking all run fine

ps: i have to reinstall some games becaus my AV delete and block some apps 

Kingpoki
Honored Guest
I have the same problem, i turned off the mcafee but still the same problem.
please help.

Package insomniac-games-the-unspoken (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

ankit_softweb
Honored Guest
I am getting the same error for 3 different apps (1 app + 2 games). I tried following but no luck so far.

- Uninstall and Installing again
- Deactivate firewall
- Deactivate antivirus software
- Restart Oculus and PC both.

If anyone have any clue, please let me know.

Thanks, 

ankit_softweb
Honored Guest
I am getting the same error for 3 different apps (1 app + 2 games). I tried following but no luck so far.

- Uninstall and Installing again
- Deactivate firewall
- Deactivate antivirus software
- Restart Oculus and PC both.

If anyone have any clue, please let me know.

Thanks, 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried running the Oculus setup installer again and choosing Repair?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

realm_master
Honored Guest
I'm getting this same error with Unspoken Acolytes. Has any solved yet?

LenEvans
Honored Guest
For me, McAfee quarantined the unspoken.exe file.  I had to go into the McAfee settings and manual restore the executable.

OneFrMonster
Honored Guest

LenEvans said:

For me, McAfee quarantined the unspoken.exe file.  I had to go into the McAfee settings and manual restore the executable.

Hey, i have currently McAfee. It was actually the same issue, thank you for your help!