cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@shiari Super weird timing, i just released 0.70 a few hours ago which fixes just those things 😃 You can now edit the SteamVR voice command as well as disable individual commands. Regarding the Profiles, if you go to "Scan" in the Profiles window, and then on the "Quick Select" you select Oculus Library then the proper game/app names are shown to make it easier to select the correct .exe. I just noticed a bug there which causes an error, but this does not break the functionality, it's just a bug with writing the selected value to the Config.xml, i'll fix that shortly.

Cheers!

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@MonkeyMan7 Yes, if you are running a game/app in VR and change SS, the game needs to be restarted. If you have this game in a profile, whatever you set as SS or ASW using voice commands will also be saved to the profile. And, there should be a popup (on you PC) that alerts you the game needs to be restarted. That popup will only be shown if there's a profile for the game/app though.

Cheers!

sherpa25
Protege

dburne said:

sherpa25 said:

dburne said:

sherpa25 said:

Question guys, since rF2 uses SteamVR, we set supersampling in SteamVR. But we need OTT, say, to run Performance HUD (thanks @ApollyonVR for the great app!), so do I have to set an rF2 profile here with PPD=0 so it doesnt conflict with SteamVR's Supersampling value?  And how about ASW, where do I set it so I can have it run in rF2 as either auto or fixed 45, in OTT? R;2 will read this setting from OTT? TIA.

You can set supersampling in either Steam VR or OTT, one or the other certainly not both.
Just create a profile in OTT for rF2, and set ASW for your preference for the rF2 profile.  Personally for me, my preference is if the game supports a Pixel Density setting, that is what I use first. If not, then I use the OTT to set my PD setting for the game.

I have one game - IL-2 that I have to use Steam VR for, but I set a profile for it in OTT for both Pixel Density (super sampling) and my ASW preference ( I prefer disabled for this game). 

So ASW can only be controlled through OTT, no where else? Thanks.

There is shortcut key combo, I believe cntrl+numpad 1 disables it iirc.

Yes, i meant, is there any other tool where we can control settings for ASW? Is it only in OTT? In other words too, of what app is the Ctrl+Numpad 1/2/3/4 a feature of?

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
Just spent the past couple of hours fighting with my computer as it wouldnt install - my Anti virus and windows 10 would keep removing it... finally stupid me realized to turn off my anti virus program while installing and when I turned it back on I was to click on the trust tab so I wouldn't keep removing it lol.  But something I've noticed and I don't know if this is normal , had the same issue with the previous install. When I launch the program I get a not ready error after it starts up but then disappears a few seconds later. 

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@madamluck Are you running it as Administrator? If not then that's probably the cause. Open up the tool by right-clicking the icon in the system tray and selecting "Show Application". At the bottom there's a little round icon that's either green for OK, yellow for Warning or red for Error. Click this icon to expand the log window and in there you should see the reason for the error. Click it again to close the log window.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

sherpa25 said:

dburne said:

sherpa25 said:

dburne said:

sherpa25 said:

Question guys, since rF2 uses SteamVR, we set supersampling in SteamVR. But we need OTT, say, to run Performance HUD (thanks @ApollyonVR for the great app!), so do I have to set an rF2 profile here with PPD=0 so it doesnt conflict with SteamVR's Supersampling value?  And how about ASW, where do I set it so I can have it run in rF2 as either auto or fixed 45, in OTT? R;2 will read this setting from OTT? TIA.

You can set supersampling in either Steam VR or OTT, one or the other certainly not both.
Just create a profile in OTT for rF2, and set ASW for your preference for the rF2 profile.  Personally for me, my preference is if the game supports a Pixel Density setting, that is what I use first. If not, then I use the OTT to set my PD setting for the game.

I have one game - IL-2 that I have to use Steam VR for, but I set a profile for it in OTT for both Pixel Density (super sampling) and my ASW preference ( I prefer disabled for this game). 

So ASW can only be controlled through OTT, no where else? Thanks.

There is shortcut key combo, I believe cntrl+numpad 1 disables it iirc.

Yes, i meant, is there any other tool where we can control settings for ASW? Is it only in OTT? In other words too, of what app is the Ctrl+Numpad 1/2/3/4 a feature of?

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/asynchronous-spacewarp/

AFAIK it is a feature of the Oculus Debug Tool.  Those are the only two ways I am aware of.

Sitruz
Protege
Apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to move the overlay? Love to be able to grab the chart board and move it to the side. So I can test a game and keep looking to the right for example to see the FPS, rather than it being in the middle of the screen.

anseme
Explorer
Avast detect malware...

Sitruz
Protege
What are the options for setting Pixel Density in Steam games that don't seem to be affected by OTT? I tried creating a profile for Audio Shield, but viewing the overlay in the game PD shows as 1.03 instead of the 1.5 I set so I assume that means it not working for that game.

I do love the OTT profile system, can that be done in Steam? How do you handle games that don't play ball with OTT?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Sitruz The overlays cannot currently be moved. If you want something that's made for only Steam (and designed for Vive but probably works fine for Rift) then check out OpenVR Advanced Settings.

@anseme Avast usually detects a IDP.Generic which just means it does not recognize the file and flags it due to the registry reading it does. If you want then check a fresh virustotal.com report made with the latest 0.70.1: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f76cc3bf563168d1677b2d8b29a4106b0255a23767c897e8c16ed821ac92551d/... or run one yourself.

Cheers!