cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knockout League User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
4 REPLIES 4

pyroth309
Visionary
I gotta give it a 3 at this point. There's only 4 fights and while they're good mike tyson punch out like fun, once you learn them there isn't much replay-ability to them. The training module is fun for awhile but I feel like the game is content light overall. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Agreed that the content is a bit light, plus it is missing a key element with the audience not being very present.

However, the physical aspect is very well done. Having to use my entire body to properly dodge, and the way punches are registered for accuracy is outstanding. In this came you can't just swing wildly to look for "holes" in the tracking system. Jabs, hooks, and uppercuts must be executed with precision.

I work up a sweat very quickly. I would love to see how this game would feel if I had a punching bag literally propped up in front of me! lol

But yes, more content needed asap.

Ryguy21
Protege
My wife and I both play. We use it as a work out when the weather is lousy outside. It certainly delivers on that front - be prepared for a sweaty headset. It was clearly inspired by Punch Out and uses a familiar fight mechanic, namely pattern recognition and response. It works, for the most part. After about 5 fights, I'm tired. Bugs continue to exist, especially with the 2nd boxer who will freeze up or become stuck in continuous loops but it is still an early access game. It is a fun game to use with friends and watch them swinging for the fences with one caveat, sharing a sweating headset is gross. Someone has to figure out how to make a headset that can be rapidly shared with physically demanding games. Content is at an introductory level right now - par for the course with most VR games. 

Jonfl1
Protege

pyroth309 said:

I gotta give it a 3 at this point. There's only 4 fights and while they're good mike tyson punch out like fun, once you learn them there isn't much replay-ability to them. The training module is fun for awhile but I feel like the game is content light overall. 

I totally agree. While fun, the very limited replayability is a strong case for a mediocre review.