cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
31 REPLIES 31

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Rycci21 said:

The Lone Echo game gave me pretty bad motion sickness after about 45 minutes of play. I play Echo Arena quite a bit and have no issues at all so the two are not quite the same despite having the same mechanics. Lone Echo is gorgeous and there was a fantastic attention to detail throughout the bits that I did play. But it is slower in pace than Echo Arena and I think the action of the latter helps ward off the nausea that VR motion games can induce (especially in people 30 yrs old +, enjoy it while you can kiddies). Oculus support was very understanding and responded to my issue within a couple of minutes after I submitted a ticket and everything has been resolved to my satisfaction. If you can stomach it, it's great. If not, try Echo Arena.

Don't blame it on age. I'm 45 and have no issue. I'm using all axes. Maybe it's because I play Elite Dangerous?

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I got to the point in the trailer where you see the anomaly explode. Is that the halfway point?

So, far this has been one of the coolest experiences of my gaming life. Maybe it's because I'm into sci-fi but it's like being IN a sci-fi movie. 

Anyone else have a crush on Olivia Rhodes? I tried to kiss her but she recoiled from my advance. Labor bots have feelings too. 

CrashFu
Consultant

MowTin said:

Anyone else have a crush on Olivia Rhodes? I tried to kiss her but she recoiled from my advance. Labor bots have feelings too. 

I tried to grab onto her foot once.  Not for any creepy reason, she wanted me to follow her into another area and I'm  lazy so I thought I'd just hitch a ride.  Totally worked, up until she suddenly shook her leg and kicked me off like I was some sorta leg-humping dog. :[

The labor-bots are far more willing to give piggy-back rides (though sometimes they say snarky things. They kinda remind me of the robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, now that I think about it)
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

lamour42
Expert Protege
For the first time in years I couldn't stop playing a game. I already have 9 h on the savegame and still not finished. (Yes, I am quite slow at this kind of thing). Love it. Had so many goosebumps moments...

MowTin
Expert Trustee
One thing I love in this game are the containers with tools and stuff.

We're so used to how it's done in most FPS games, where you go up to the container, press a button and you either take all or some of a list of items.

In Lone Echo, you open boxes with your hand and see the contents. Then reach in and take the item you want. 

K3
Explorer
The game is really good and the outer space makes it scary and beautiful at the same time. 

Intel i7 6800k | Msi gaming PRO CARBON x99 |Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000 | Msi GTX1070 | 
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 850 and 840 SSD | NZXT kraken x62 | case H440 | CV1 with touch controllers

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
When it's not CTD with low on memory warning, 5/5!

Jonfl1
Protege
I was absolutely shocked by how well done this game is. As far as the Rift goes, I'd consider it an essential experience and a good excuse for buying a third sensor to better support room scale.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Any chance for Lone Echo to get GOTY? It deserves at least some nominations. It's just so well done and it's definitely ground breaking. 

Elias24601
Protege
Absolutely essential.  First time Olivia swatted away my hands I giggled.  I wasn't being fresh with her, I just needed to arrest some momentum on her body.  It wasn't physical it was physics!  I swear.