New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Starting Oculus when offline

eXplozioneXplozion Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi everybody, 

My ISP made a mess with my connection so I will be completely offline for at least 20 days. 

I read here on the forums that some titles can be played offline but my problem comes even before, I can't even start the Oculus runtime and application. 

When I click on the app I get "Can't reach oculus runtime service. Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support."

I tried to manually start the runtime from services.msc but all I get is a black screen with oculus logo in the middle flashing indefinitely. 

Any solution that can make these 20 days happier?? Is this even possible?? 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• HjalmHjalm Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Same issue,  I think they must be rolling out an update.  Had no warning thouogh
  • ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    I do this when offline on my computer:
    Put on the headset. No need to "click" anything at all...
    Wait until you are automatically taken to the Oculus Home.

There you will see a big message:  "Something went wrong with the network request.
    We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can"

There will be a big "CLOSE" button there as well.

I need to actually click 20 (twenty) times on the CLOSE button in order to use my Library Games, off-line.
    You may need to this as well.. Hopefully then  it might be OK for you.

Funnily enough, with Unity3D, one does not need to click into the Home environment in order for the Rift to be used/recognised when offline...thank god for that.
  • eXplozioneXplozion Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ColinB said:
    I do this when offline on my computer:
    Put on the headset. No need to "click" anything at all...
    Wait until you are automatically taken to the Oculus Home.

There you will see a big message:  "Something went wrong with the network request.
    We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can"

There will be a big "CLOSE" button there as well.

I need to actually click 20 (twenty) times on the CLOSE button in order to use my Library Games, off-line.
    You may need to this as well.. Hopefully then  it might be OK for you.

Funnily enough, with Unity3D, one does not need to click into the Home environment in order for the Rift to be used/recognised when offline...thank god for that.
    Waiting like 10 mins e then closing the error worked like a charm. A big thank you Colin!