cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It broke. But I'm still overwhelmed and blissfully happy!

squidbreakfast
Protege
So. Last week Wednesday I ordered a Rift + Controllers. It got delivered on Thursday and I was sucked into the Rift. First and foremost - it is an amazing piece of equipment despite this hardware thingy. On Friday the connector from the 'headband' snapped off the goggles. I guess the set will be sent back to Oculus for inspection and so but I needed a new headset as soon as possible. It seemed that I bought the last pair from the shop so they refunded me the money and I ordered a new one (for €35 more, sadly) somewhere else where it was in stock. I am waiting for the delivery as I type this. 

I did not use force when I took the headset off when this happened. I just want to put it out there - something for Oculus to look into. The part that broke is also really small and I was really delighted to see the way that it is put together. The bit that broke, I don't know, I guess it could be worked on. 

i09meog25kok.jpg356h5mzn023i.jpg
I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

8 REPLIES 8

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Make a support ticket about this its lokely you can get a replacement hmd
WAAAGH!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Morgrum said:

The OP has already returned it to the shop for a refund and ordered a new one, so now it's the store's problem to get the money back from Oculus.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

squidbreakfast
Protege

nalex66 said:

Morgrum said:

The OP has already returned it to the shop for a refund and ordered a new one, so now it's the store's problem to get the money back from Oculus.

🙂 

I am not posting this here to rant or anything. Just also curious if anyone else have had this.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've never seen or heard of one broken like that. The most common damage complaint for the Rift seems to be loss of audio on the right side due to a damaged ribbon cable inside the extendable side strap.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

squidbreakfast
Protege
Oh ok! nalex66 said:

I've never seen or heard of one broken like that. The most common damage complaint for the Rift seems to be loss of audio on the right side due to a damaged ribbon cable inside the extendable side strap.

My audio sometimes drops out mid game but then I just open the audio devices window on my PC, test or properties and then it works again... Really weird but I can live with it.

I'm trying my utmost best to be super careful with it since it is my baby and I love it so much :hushed: 

Percy1983
Superstar

Oh ok! nalex66 said:

My audio sometimes drops out mid game but then I just open the audio devices window on my PC, test or properties and then it works again... Really weird but I can live with it.

I'm trying my utmost best to be super careful with it since it is my baby and I love it so much :hushed: 

If your audio is dropping like that try and swap USB ports, mine did this on my Z77 intel ports but not my expansion card.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

squidbreakfast
Protege
Thanks! @Percy1983 I'll give it a shot!

Zannar
Honored Guest
I have this exact problem, on  the same side as the OP. It litterally looks like the same crack as mine as well. also happened when taking off my head set.                                                                  datjml65kv0d.jpg