cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

sherpa25
Protege
Hopefully option to resize or reposition the hud too.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@sherpa25 Position should be saved to wherever it is located when you close it down. Resizing the main gui is a bit of a pain due to the amount of controls on it, will take a peek at that though. Most other windows are sizable.

@Nipoc At this time that is unfortunately not possible, but if you open up the Performance overlay you should be able to see how things look. If the fps graph drops to a solid 45 then ASW has kicked in, meaning you cannot maintain 90 fps natively so to speak. Depending on how you feel ASW is performing, it might be time to lower SS a bit.

sherpa25
Protege
@ApollyonVR, sorry, what do you mean, position of the hud (ie. Performance, ASW status, etc) will be saved?  But its always at the center of the rifts view, can it be repositioned, say, at least to the side?  That would be great, if so, how?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Ah, i thought you meant position of the tool itself. Position of the overlays in the rift cannot be repositionednat this time. 

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
Feature request:
Add an easy way for changing icons and display names of third party apps:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/540802/#Comment_540802

AndyGarton
Honored Guest
Do the shortcut keys to control the HUD and ASW modes work for anybody? I've had no luck here, I think perhaps due to my keyboard (Microsoft wireless AIO), which doesn't have a numeric pad?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Syndroid will add it to my todo list.
@AndyGarton you should not need a numeric keyboard, it's the arrow keys you need. I might redesign the feature a bit to make it easier to use. 

sherpa25
Protege

@Syndroid will add it to my todo list.
@AndyGarton you should not need a numeric keyboard, it's the arrow keys you need. I might redesign the feature a bit to make it easier to use. 

Arrow keys?  I thought it was Ctrl-1/2/3/4?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
To control ASW, Oculus has those keycombos yes. And those need the numeric keys, it does not work using the number keys at the top-row of your keyboard. But i have built it so you use ctrl or alt + arrow keys to control ASW and also the overlays, so you can cycle through them. It's in the user guide so take a perk there. 

sherpa25
Protege

To control ASW, Oculus has those keycombos yes. And those need the numeric keys, it does not work using the number keys at the top-row of your keyboard. But i have built it so you use ctrl or alt + arrow keys to control ASW and also the overlays, so you can cycle through them. It's in the user guide so take a perk there. 

Thanks, I checked the guide in v0.70.1 but didn't find these built-in controls.  I even searched 'control','alt', or 'arrow' in Adobe.