cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus medium problem

stefan_frisk
Honored Guest
Hey guys. I bought the oculus rift mainly because of Medium and for the first couple of days it worked lika a charm - last night it started to crasch while I was rooting around the stamps - the crash happened outside the VR-environment and I never saw it untli I tried to use a stamp, I got the sound but nothing showed up... I went to look in the computer and I had a window telling me "oculus medium has crashed" - I restarted and made sure to save more often. Every hour or so the app would crash. After the last crash however medium will not start att all - when I try to start the app I get the following message "Something went wrong. we're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can. (ovr75318303) -  package oculus oculus medium retail has failed to launch (1971014)"

Someone please help. I am suffering withdrawal. 🙂
14 REPLIES 14

MattHickman
Rising Star
We're starting to see reports of this ovr crash around, it's totally new to us but we're investigating. 

Could you send us your logs and any crash dumps that might be in the folder:

<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log

stefan_frisk
Honored Guest
Of course I can - You think the logs are still there after I reinstalled it? Where do I send them?

stefan_frisk
Honored Guest
I have an update - I got the app working again, using one of the most basic tricks - I ran it in compability mode for windows 8. (go figure) - However, the app seems to be alot slower now then before, the stamps take a while to show up and the brushtool does not keep up with my movement. I would really love a solution for this. Again MattHickman, tell me where to send the logs. 🙂 Thanks.

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer
On an entirely unrelated and unhelpful note, I thought your name was steakand.fries at first, and I proceeded to get very hungry.

lol.

stefan_frisk
Honored Guest
Calmfixup, I should use that as my username. 😄 Stefan = stephen and Frisk=Healthy (my last name, it was common back in the day to give soldiers last names after what made them what they were... strong, honest, healthy, kind and so on... an old soldiers name. 😄 Enjoy the information you don't wanted! :dizzy:

MattHickman
Rising Star

Again MattHickman, tell me where to send the logs. 🙂 Thanks.

<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you also upload your LogGatherer log zip file? Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

stefan_frisk
Honored Guest
Here are the files. MattHickman - I meant where to send the files, I didn't know you could upload here, sorry about that. Remember that since I first posted this I have done a reinstall and I physically removed any content from the medium folder, my saved models, pictures and movies and such - I had no imported content. The reinstall did not help. I set the app to start in compability mode for windows 8 (just to funk shit up) and it worked... but its not the same as before, everything is slower and it disrupts workflow. Thanks for your time, gentlemen.

MattHickman
Rising Star
Could you upload your Medium logs as well please?