Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.17 (Public Test Channel) Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion

FEATURES:

• Oculus Library:

• You can
      now see detailed release notes for recent app updates, including the Oculus
      system software, from the Updates screen in Library.

• You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus
      software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.

• Mixed Reality Capture:
    Further improvements to the calibration tool.

BUG FIXES:

• Fixed an issue where
    reconnecting the Rift headset wouldn't fully restore functionality after being
    disconnected.
  • Fixed an issue with lens
    slider settings not being respected in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue with the
    floor shifting while you're in VR.
  • Miscellaneous performance
    improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are we just going to ignore this button that appeared in the Beta tab?07gpnui27pvs.png

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege

Suitch said:

Are we just going to ignore this button that appeared in the Beta tab?07gpnui27pvs.png

I tried it and it emptied my library, can't do anything. Currently attempting a rollback to 1.16.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Holy cow, are you serious? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
That makes sense with the word 'demo', if it means for a full software demo; but if it is true then they should do an emergency hotfix to remove it.

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege

Suitch said:

Holy cow, are you serious? 

Yep. I'm stuck with a screenshot from The Climb on my desktop and I can't see any of my games nor install anything either.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please DO NOT press the "Start a Demo" button. It's not working and shouldn't be there. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege
Rolling back to 1.16 fixed the empty library. Updating back to 1.17 now and staying far away from that button.

cybereality
Grand Champion

Please DO NOT press the "Start a Demo" button. It's not working and shouldn't be there. Thanks.

https://vimeo.com/126720159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for rolling out that hotfix!