New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lone Echo and Echo Arena: Pricing and App Information

2»

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,060 Volunteer Moderator
    netshaman said:
    Hope we' ll not wait too long though...
    It should be available by now. Try restarting the Oculus app.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    @Harris212 I am positive that you can find a far better place to promote your pirate streaming site, rather than a single thread in a fairly obscure forum for a so far niche consumer base.

@cybereality I think this counts as against forum rules, correct?
  • EVE-DanielEVE-Daniel Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    got an email to update my payment method
    when i went to the website i updated it and i re-entered my pin number, it says that i have allready purchased it, so then I've clicked cancel my pre-order, but this is strange i cant go back and order it, however it does let me install it anyway, AND my bank says i have paid $34.00 + $1.00 auth granted + $1.00 auth adjustment  wtf why am i paying 2 extra dollers o.O?   oh and its gone from my order history.   so what do i got the game?  am i forced to uninstall it later since its gone from my order history cause i clicked cancel?  i hope not cause my bank does say i paid, and i do indeed want this game so i do want to keep it.
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    It's 14.63 Gb to download.  That's a 7.5 hour download at the rate this is crawling along tonight.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • stajkowskistajkowski Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can't download at all, restarted oculus app, signed out and signed in, hit install 20 times, restarted computer, did it in not installed, did in in oculus home, nothing at all.
  • INkabodpainINkabodpain Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    What is the difference in game play for either title?
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    edited July 2017
    Can't download at all, restarted oculus app, signed out and signed in, hit install 20 times, restarted computer, did it in not installed, did in in oculus home, nothing at all.
    You did pay for it first?  After I paid, the install proceeded automatically. Slowly. Bit by bit.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    What is the difference in game play for either title?
    Lone Echo is a single-player, story-and-exploration driven experience where you play as the android assistant of the lone human occupant of a space station, and... well basically **** hits the fan and its up to you to get everything back in working order and figure out what's goin' on.

Echo Arena is like a Zero-G sports things where teams of robots punch each other in the face and try to put a disc through a goal.

So other than being an android in a zero-g environment and using motion controls,  pretty different games!
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • tribiustribius Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    hi everyone
    there's any info about subtitles for lone echo in the future? it seems to be a great game but i've problems following dialogues.
    Thanks
  • netshamannetshaman Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    This game neesds a fix asap, because it is still crashing when trying to EVA from the ship, and i can't play it further.
    And also , please make subtitles for players that don't understand english language, thanks.

• mspecht592mspecht592 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi everybody,
    I also purchased via preorder and got the game at release date. 20 GB or so to dowanload.
    At the beginning you have to solve the same training pacours as in Echo Arena. After that you find youself awaking in the Saturn mininig facility Kronos II. The immersion feeling is fantastic and this is the kind of game VR is made for. The first major goosebump experience is the Kronos bridge window doors opening and giving a breathtaking view over Saturn.

Kronos Captain Olivia Rhodes is the most realistic animated person I have seen in a game to this date. Very detailed.

The EVA missions are amazing and free floating in space over the rings of Saturn is an experience you will not forget.

The game has given very much lowe to detail. Especially EVA missions take a lot of computer power to calculate in max quality. I have a nvidia 1060 and I had to reduce graphics quality by one step to maintain fluid frame rate. A more powerful GPU will certainly perform better in HQ.

I support the statment: This is the BEST VR game yet. Period. I am very excited and looking forward to what will come in the future.

The only weak point I can name is the missing localization to German or French. A game like this deserves to be placed in the largest markets for computer games in a native language version. I think that would give even more atmosphere. Hopefully, Oculus/Ready at dawn will release a language pack with a future update.

Have fun!
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    edited July 2017
    @LilTrashPanda How bout a comment on the CTD with "low on memory" Windows warning / HMD freeze? I'm shocked no one from your team has made a comment. Come on guys! Kind of ridiculous.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,113
    Wintermute
    edited July 2017
    mspecht592 said:
    The only weak point I can name is the missing localization to German or French. A game like this deserves to be placed in the largest markets for computer games in a native language version. I think that would give even more atmosphere. Hopefully, Oculus/Ready at dawn will release a language pack with a future update.

I confirm, this is a weak point for sure, and a big one IMO. They know it will be a success from months ago, and localizations seems pretty obvious for such level of quality.
    Edit : Oh and I'm adding I bought the game anyway even if I said previously I will not. But I didn't launch it yet, as I see patches coming, few bugs here and there, so I'm waiting a little (that's hard after all those positives comments!)
    @LilTrashPanda How bout a comment on the CTD with "low on memory" Windows warning / HMD freeze? I'm shocked no one from your team has made a comment. Come on guys! Kind of ridiculous.
    Try on Microsoft side. This is common to all executable launch from Windows : it's probably the swap file which is configured with a too small size manually. Try to set it "Managed by Windows" as a test, and be sure the HDD/SDD used for it is large enough. Mine is handled by Windows on my 16GB RAM machine and with a128MB SSD on C: with only the OS and all other stuffs on a HDD 1TB it choose to set it as 16GB for all drive. Never had any issue.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• LilTrashPandaLilTrashPanda Posts: 65 Ready At Dawn
    Hi there! Apologies for the delay in response; we were hoping that our patch (v3.89) had resolved this issue but it appears it only resolved a few other crashes while the main ones remained. Many of the developers are very active in the community Discord, so I'd also recommend trying to catch us there; here's an invite URL: https://discord.gg/bnZVvkw

I've created a "Known Issues" stickied post that includes information about this crash/Out of Memory error as well as a few ways to troubleshoot/work around it. We'll be keeping this post updated as time goes on with any additional high-impact, widespread issues that may appear to help keep you all up-to-date.

The suggestion that YoLolo69 made above seems to have worked for some other players as a temporary work-around until we can get out an additional update to address the crashes/memory errors, but this is more advanced troubleshooting so you'd be making these changes at your own risk.

Hope this info helps!
  • iloctusiloctus Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Can anyone confirm if there is a subtitles option in the game? For The single player aspect of the game that is.

Thanks!
  • tribiustribius Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    iloctus said:
    Can anyone confirm if there is a subtitles option in the game? For The single player aspect of the game that is.

Thanks!
    No sub for now. I hope in a future patch
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    Hello @LilTrashPanda we want to do a tournament this weekend with a lot of people but we got a problem....the party option is not working yet.... any news when will be avaible?

Thanks
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz