cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift - Help required, Can't get past link your Facebook Screen

finndog703
Explorer
Finally took the plunge and ordered a Oculus Rift from Amazon during the sale. I have been trying to get it to work since Sunday. Once I have installed the oculus setup file, I get a black screen with just the white oculus logo and no other option. When I click the logo and a webpage link opens up in the browser and I click continue to link my Facebook account. I then get a page that either says continue in app or browser and the progress wheel goes round endlessly and if I click again it says sorry there was a problem with connecting with your Facebook account.

Im not bothered about linking my account but I have no other option to progress.

I have ran the compatibility tool several times. 
Turned off firewall
Donloaded in safe mode
Tried different browsers 

if anyone can recommend trying something else then I would appreciate it as it's driving me mad!

Many Thanks

windows 10
GTX1060
I5 4690k 
Gigabyte Z97P-D3
11 REPLIES 11

DarkEvilgenius7
Honored Guest
make sure you have 6gb free on that drive

finndog703
Explorer
Thanks for the reply but I've checked my C drive and I have 323GB free. I don't understand why I just get a black screen with the oculus logo and nothing else apart from Beta in the bottom left corner! I've seen some videos on YouTube and the set up screen shows the oculus logo, the word oculus, sign in and create an account?

finndog703
Explorer
0xbx5niqv410.jpg

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure you have latest Microsoft .NET runtimes installed. Also, can you see if you have the setup log file and (if so) upload it here? These are the instructions for finding that file: 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

finndog703
Explorer
Okay thanks for the reply, will check tomorrow night and let you know 

finndog703
Explorer
Tried to install Microsoft .NET runtime but says I already have these, please find logs attached

thnaks

finndog703
Explorer

installed a new motherboard and updated to the latest version of Windows 10 but still have the same issue. At a loss of what to try. Haven't heard back from support in nearly a week after sending them the attached logs. If anyone can suggest anything then please let me know else If I don't mange to get this resolved soon I will have to send it back.

Thanks

gearmuncher
Honored Guest
I have same problem, did you fix yours ?

finndog703
Explorer
Yes only took about a week working through everything!  Although my windows 10 was updating regularly it turned out it wasn't the latest version. Downloaded latest version, restarted and it all worked.

hope this helps