cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping time EUROPE ONLY

Gargunza73
Explorer
Hello,

I know theres a couple more threads at least regarding the shipping situation of the summer bundles but we have people form all regions mixed in them, so we share and get info not relevant to our own region sometimes.

That's why I think a thread centered on Europe orders and shipping times will be useful to all of us in the region. It's very surprising to me the absolute lack of info, both on the main site and during the ordering proccess, also later when contacting support, it seems we users need to help each other to get some light on the whole situation.

So please share your experience and status of your order, mine was ordered on the 16th so first day to count is really the 17th, of course is still at "order" status and support gave me the usual no ETA copy/paste answer. I'm in Spain BTW.

Thanks in advance for you feedback.
1,501 REPLIES 1,501

Patz_
Explorer

f00bar said:

Patz_ said:

Alright guys I think I found the problem. I forgot to tell them my cvv/cvc number. If that's the case I feel really dumb :neutral:

They shouldn't ask for your CVV number tho. At least i wan't ever asked for it on any of the amazon websites i used (com, uk, de)

We'll see

vervurax
Honored Guest

Patz_ said:

Alright guys I think I found the problem. I forgot to tell them my cvv/cvc number. If that's the case I feel really dumb :neutral:

I don't think it's about the CVV number, see here https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/21168/how-does-amazon-bill-me-without-the-cvc-cvv-cvv2

From what I see Amazon still doesn't ask for it. BTW I responded to you on page 17 with my insight. If I were you I'd place an order on Oculus and forget about Amazon. It takes ages to verify the credit card.

And also you said you sent your info via e-mail and it bounced back. Same here. They want it sent via FAX. Not e-mail. Seriously... First and last time dealing with Amazon for me.

Mullered
Expert Protege

H1TCHMAN said:

Mullered said:

Yep it's UPS

Mine has literally just arrived !!! Eeep  😄

Good job man

Doesn't matter where you order from. I ordered initially from Overclockers UK on 15th, but later cancelled and ordered direct from Oculus on 24th, saving some money in the process.  However the waiting game is no different and we just have to be patient. As long as our orders are in, we must assume they'll be honoured, otherwise they're breaking the law with false advertising/guerilla marketing.   

MrKaru
Adventurer

Doesn't matter where you order from. I ordered initially from Overclockers UK on 15th, but later cancelled and ordered direct from Oculus on 24th, saving some money in the process.  However the waiting game is no different and we just have to be patient. As long as our orders are in, we must assume they'll be honoured, otherwise they're breaking the law with false advertising/guerilla marketing.   

I ordered from OCUK, then Oculus, Then Scan, then Game, now Game and Oculus. Not moving my orders any more, each time I try, they just push back the date and I wish I hadn't... Of course then the Amazon thing happened, and if I had moved my order, I'd be one of the people celebrating about getting their shipping email. 

This whole situation is irritating. 

Mullered
Expert Protege

as was shown with Amazon.de I think it's still possible certain suppliers may have or will be getting stock that will be available sooner than oculus's own retail stock.  I guess it depends how much time and effort you want to put into doing the research and whether you'd rather just wait for Oculus to sort their shit.  The thing with Oculus is that I think they are going to put their high profile corporate customers as a higher priority than individual customers like us. ultimately it's companies like Amazon that are going to shift the most devices for them

f00bar
Explorer

MrKaru said:

I ordered from OCUK, then Oculus, Then Scan, then Game, now Game and Oculus. Not moving my orders any more, each time I try, they just push back the date and I wish I hadn't... Of course then the Amazon thing happened, and if I had moved my order, I'd be one of the people celebrating about getting their shipping email. 

You made a mistake of cancelling the previous order before the next one actually shipped. 
I'm not gonna cancel my oculus.com order until i hold the package from amazon.de in my hands, just in case.

Patz_
Explorer

vervurax said:

Patz_ said:

I don't think it's about the CVV number, see here https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/21168/how-does-amazon-bill-me-without-the-cvc-cvv-cvv2

From what I see Amazon still doesn't ask for it. BTW I responded to you on page 17 with my insight. If I were you I'd place an order on Oculus and forget about Amazon. It takes ages to verify the credit card.

And also you said you sent your info via e-mail and it bounced back. Same here. They want it sent via FAX. Not e-mail. Seriously... First and last time dealing with Amazon for me.

I already cancelled my order on ouclus website. But I sent them my info from the amazon site not email 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm only sticking with GAME because they're the only ones seemingly being honest about dates (Saying Oculus are messing them about, etc)

MrKaru
Adventurer

f00bar said:

MrKaru said:

You made a mistake of cancelling the previous order before the next one actually shipped. 
I'm not gonna cancel my oculus.com order until i hold the package from amazon.de in my hands, just in case.

I know that now, which is why I have two orders. 
I can afford 2 sudden charges, where I can refund one. I can't afford if a mistake happens and I get charged for 4 rifts. I want a rift, but not enough to go into the negative just to ensure I'm not just being taken advantage of by people constantly shifting their estimates