New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Comments

• MulleredMullered Posts: 85
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nibre_ (the developer of the mod) has posted updates on his twitter account.  He has been ironing out some rendering and FOV issues. He says if it's ready it will be released this weekend, so fingers crossed!
  • SimplexPLSimplexPL Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    Mullered said:
    Nibre_ (the developer of the mod) has posted updates on his twitter account.  He has been ironing out some rendering and FOV issues. He says if it's ready it will be released this weekend, so fingers crossed!

He said the same thing last week ;) 
    I kid, no point rushing it and releasing inferior version that causes sickness. We waited so long, we can wait some more. Take your time nibre! 

Hiro Protagonist
    SimplexPL said:

He said the same thing last week ;) 
    I kid, no point rushing it and releasing inferior version that causes sickness. We waited so long, we can wait some more. Take your time nibre! 

I agree, my CV1 doesnt arrive untill monday so I can wait a little longer : )
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    Sounds like the show stoppers are out the way. Fingers crossed for a release soon!
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    I hope Nibre has a donate button and everyone can push $ £ 5 his way

he is about to make a lot of VR happy B)
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Brain Burst
    vannagirl said:
    I hope Nibre has a donate button and everyone can push $ £ 5 his way

he is about to make a lot of VR happy B)

He should start a Patreon. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    This could be the biggest mod in VR
  • Oops01Oops01 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can't wait to try this, although I'll be wetting myself lol
    Hiro Protagonist
    It was amazing on the DK2! Scary as fuck!
  • SharpfishSharpfish Posts: 1,303
    Neo
    Mullered said:
    yeah it already looked good in DK2, can't wait to revisit in CV1 (which is all I was thinking back in 2014?? when I was playing the first few levels in DK2). Shame it's not an official thing with proper tracked controllers but I'll take what I can get. Thanks to the modder!

EX DK2, EX VIVE, EX PSVR, Currently RIFT CV1 | VR developer
    Poster of the week who never got a T-Shirt ;( dayum they looked tasty!
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Sharpfish said:
    Mullered said:
    yeah it already looked good in DK2, can't wait to revisit in CV1 (which is all I was thinking back in 2014?? when I was playing the first few levels in DK2). Shame it's not an official thing with proper tracked controllers but I'll take what I can get. Thanks to the modder!

Isolation was the only reason i kept my DK2
    Brain Burst
    Where's muh VR mod? 
  • GrinderX9GrinderX9 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Nibre said:
     B) There you go guys

thank you thank you thank you x 1000 :D 
    NerveGear
    I have testet, and it Works! :D . I dont know hot to reset VR virew, but every time it loads or you take off helmet then on, it resets. So no problem, just look stright Ahead when it loads. Everything Works perfekt, but not logos when game starts, so first I did think it dit not work, but it did, including cinematics :). To Close to computer monitores that i read excistet before in old vr mode is also here, but it is posible to read, just little hard. I found one bug. When you open containers and save Telephone you can not see the menu. So just remember the button for take everyting and what to press in samve menu. Im not a Rich man, but transfared 1 dollar on paypal. hope everyone that download the mod can pay what they can aford :)

• NibreNibre Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Reset orientation is LB+RB on an Xbox Controller. Currently that's the only way to do that. And for Main Menu + Cinematics, I think they should be frozen in space like when you hit the Start button, glued to where you were looking. So like if you start the game with the headset on the floor, the Main Menu may be towards the ground instead. But yea, there are some things I still need to fix, like some of the Menus and being too close to things.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,736 Volunteer Moderator
    So it's out ? Shit I don't know if I'm ready for it lol ok after the shits, errr kids go to bed, I'll be trying this tonight. Thanks @Nibre for starting up my nightmares again ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks, @Nibre m8 this is magic I have been waiting for ever to try this, one thing though I have downloaded the mother file and put the dxgi.dll file into the game folder, how do we use the store assets  :|
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    You place them into the '\Oculus\Software\StoreAssets\*************_AlienIsolation_AI_assets' folder
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks, Nibre you're a genius m8, Big respect. You should have a donation button so people could show their appreciation :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,736 Volunteer Moderator
    +1
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Hiro Protagonist
    I've only been adding it when people request it. Here is my PayPal.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nibre said:
    I've only been adding it when people request it. Here is my PayPal.
    Sorted :smile:
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Nibre said:
    Reset orientation is LB+RB on an Xbox Controller. Currently that's the only way to do that. And for Main Menu + Cinematics, I think they should be frozen in space like when you hit the Start button, glued to where you were looking. So like if you start the game with the headset on the floor, the Main Menu may be towards the ground instead. But yea, there are some things I still need to fix, like some of the Menus and being too close to things.

you are absolutt right. When I restarted the game, Reset the orientation all menues worked flawlessly :) . An absoluttly fantastic experience so far. Only thing I can think about now, The helt bar is so far to the left then you can only see 1/3.  But all things considering, 100% working mod :)
    Brain Burst
    Is it really totally not suited for standing play? 
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've been playing it for a little while now and I've had to leave it for a while lol it's the first game that's made me nauseous in quite a while I think it's got something to do with the turning method, but I still love it : :D
    Brain Burst
    If you stand then you can turn with your whole body. Did you try it? 
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    So how does it play guys? Can't wait to try it later.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,173 Valuable Player
    GrinderX9 said:
    I found one bug. When you open containers and save Telephone you can not see the menu. So just remember the button for take everyting and what to press in samve menu. Im not a Rich man, but transfared 1 dollar on paypal. hope everyone that download the mod can pay what they can aford :)

Would have been a good idea to tell use what buttons they are to do this?