cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Title Should I Get First? What do YOU recommend?

ambrosio928
Protege
I am VERY interested in the following titles below... Which ones do you guys think I should get fist? Even better if you like the list which order would you get them then? I am allowing myself 2 right off the bat and then the rest when my budget allows... but price should not be a consideration in choosing which ones... Appreciate your input for real! Just got my Rift and I LOVE IT! - BTW: I have the Free 6 titles that come with the Summer Bundle so please don't include those in any recommendations. 

1. Lone Echo
2. Star Trek Bridge
3. Edge of Nowhere
4. EVE VAlkyrie 
5. The Elite
6. Arizona Sunshine
5. The Unspoken

Well that's my list so far... before I make my move I wouldn't mind hearing what some you suggest... also if there're any other titles your might recommend I would appreciate that as well... Are there titles in Steam VR that are not on this site? If so let me know what you think! 

Thanks guys! Have a good one but more importantly, HAVE FUN! Life's too short! 😉
7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Lone Echo and Echo Arena are awesome. Also, SuperHot is still one of my favourites.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Spyrde
Protege
Haven't played Star Trek or Arizona yet so I won't comment on those. I personally don't care much about EVE Valkyrie, it just seems like a arcade version of elites arena mode and without huge universe to explore. I think Elite has it's flaws but can easily bring 10's of hours of fun even if you get bored with it and every vr user should try it even once.And then I would add a single player game, so that would be Lone Echo, haven't finished this yet but so far its been solid. There are lots of great titles, like the above mentioned Superhot, but it is VERY short so I recommend picking that up with heavy discount, alonside with games like I expect you to die. If you have a wheel and like driving games, then Dirt Rally.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
only 2?  wow! tough one.

I have not tried lone echo or startrek yet. for me it would be Elite Dangerous (The Elite? was that what you meant?) and Assetto Corsa (IF you have a wheel)

but that leaves your touch not getting much use

I guess I should not recommend a game I have never played but I hear so much good about lone echo that, if you don't have a wheel, I think I would get that.

don't forget all the free stuff - on oculus AND steam
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

MowTin
Expert Trustee
1. Arizona Sunshine
2. Lone Echo
3. Star Trek Bridge
4. The Elite

I wouldn't bother with Eve or The Unspoken.

Lone Echo is the best game but I think you're better off playing the lesser game first. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

ambrosio928
Protege
Thank you guys for your input... Much appreciated... Still getting my sea legs with the headset

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer

only 2?  wow! tough one.

I have not tried lone echo or startrek yet. for me it would be Elite Dangerous (The Elite? was that what you meant?) and Assetto Corsa (IF you have a wheel)

but that leaves your touch not getting much use

I guess I should not recommend a game I have never played but I hear so much good about lone echo that, if you don't have a wheel, I think I would get that.

don't forget all the free stuff - on oculus AND steam

100% agree!

Elite Dangerous (with Horizons update) and Assetto Corsa.

I would recommend against Star Trek Bridge Crew because the player base is dwindling and it is actually fairly shallow once you have played all the missions, which doesn't take long...

ambrosio928
Protege

100% agree!
Elite Dangerous (with Horizons update) and Assetto Corsa.

I would recommend against Star Trek Bridge Crew because the player base is dwindling and it is actually fairly shallow once you have played all the missions, which doesn't take long...

Thanks... I don't have a wheel though but wonder how VR is with emulating one...