cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing stamps doesn't work?

ecobrie
Explorer
Hey All, 

Loving Medium so far.  I've tried importing several different obj's into the Stamps import folder and I don't get an error code or anything.  Sometimes the game will just go slower and I'll have to restart but recently, there is no sign that anything happened. No error or correction, just...nothing.

Any ideas?

Did the quad thing get fixed yet , maybe that's it?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you attach your obj file here I'm sure someone on the Medium team can check it out then 🙂

MattHickman
Rising Star
After you drag them into the _Import directory you have to manually import them as a stamp within Medium by going to your Library->Stamps and in the lower right there is a Import button. You should get notifications if the stamps import properly, or fail.

If you're having an issue with a particular OBJ not importing, like FrozenPea said, you can post it here and we'll have a look! 

ecobrie
Explorer
I would love to attach one, but it says that file is not allowed. (2mb obj)

MattHickman
Rising Star
So
1) Try just opening and resaving in 3D builder (make a backup because 3D builder will wipe out the normals) then import, this seems to be fixing most OBJs that won't import.
2) Can you put it on google drive or dropbox or something like that?

ecobrie
Explorer
Thanks Matt, The 3D builder import export did the trick!  

Sterling77
Rising Star
Whats the option if your on Win 7 and dont have 3d Builder ?? Im also having trouble again getting this to be less trial and error. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

MattHickman
Rising Star
Resaving in Meshmixer or Meshlab should do the trick.

If it's small enough (25mb or less) even just uploading and saving from TinkerCAD would work.

Dejvrecord
Honored Guest
Hi, I can't import stamps. with error message that media could not read the directory path