cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Crash on Start... Suggestions?

Stickjock
Explorer
Hey everyone... just getting into the Rift family here and loving it... Medium however is giving me fits... here's what I'm getting when attempting to start it (from the window app and from Home):

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. (OVR75318303)

If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help.

Package oculus-oculus-medium-retail (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

Have uninstalled, reinstalled about a dozen times now... GPU drivers are up to date... I don't have anything running like MSI Afterburner or the like... only thing that WAS running was my Nvidia Shadowplay but even get the error when I turn Shadowplay off... 

Suggestions or ideas??

Thanks in advance!

49 REPLIES 49

MattHickman
Rising Star
Shuflie's recommendations are where I was gunna go next. If it's crashing before it even has time to write out the appdata folder it's definitely either a malware/adblock program (we've found some cause problems even if they're just installed. Or more likely there is something hijacking OpenGL stuff.

Stickjock
Explorer
Install seemed to be fine... no crash notice there though.  The crash message (with no details) came after trying to start Medium in the Oculus Home and recieving the notice that "Medium is taking too long to start... " message

Shuflie
Explorer
Have you tried running the oculus software as administrator? Also check the permissions on the drive you have installed to and your user profile folder too. I have my profile stored on another drive due to SSD size too and permissions were messed up for some programs.

JuliusBOSS
Explorer
I did a scan for Malware/Adblock, however, nothing was found. In my Medium logs, I notice I have a lot of Conflicting values and Unable to find loader items. Could this be the cause? Maybe with the update, there's a conflict in where the files are located? HELP PLEASE. I've  been a week without Medium working, it sucks because it's really the only program I spend the most time in. Any suggestions???  

MattHickman
Rising Star
If you can run this in command line 

tasklist /FO csv > "%userprofile%\desktop\tasks.csv"

It'll kick out a list of active processes we could have a look through that and see if there's anything hiding in there that's the culprit.

JuliusBOSS
Explorer
I notice if I end task for the "lsass.exe","788","Services","0","8,752 K" 
it work for a short moment then restarts. 

MattHickman
Rising Star

I notice if I end task for the "lsass.exe","788","Services","0","8,752 K" 
it work for a short moment then restarts. 

Thanks, that's a windows authentication process. Do you have Medium installed on D:? 

Also, could you try disabling your MSI softwares? 
GamingApp_Service.exe
MSI_Cloud_service
MSIControlService
SGamingApp.exe
muachost.exe (by MSI)

Anything related to MSI, that seems like a likely culprit.

JuliusBOSS
Explorer
Disabled all the MSI plugins and uninstalled, its still crashing, Quill runs fine. Any Clue? Here a updated Tasks file. If I uninstall the  Oculus launcher do you think that would fix the problem? 

MattHickman
Rising Star
Hm, that was our best guess. It's most commonly been either open GL related or some random malware/adware scanner thing messing it up. Yeah, reinstalling launcher is a good next step.We'll keep poking around, 

cybercyrus90
Adventurer
HELP! Used to work fine, and just the other day started giving me this, Ive tried everything from reinstalling and updating drivers, restarting my computer, reinstalling medium, clearing space and nothing seems to work 😕 b8kf0wucwbrs.png