cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add payment method to my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the club... 

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/55097/cant-add-my-credit-card-to-oculus-home#latest

They're "investigating"..   Basically their system thinks we're trying to use fake or stolen credit cards and or fraudulent information, and flagging us as security risks.  The issue is entirely with Oculus' system.

Anonymous
Not applicable
well damn, thanks

Steffie46
Honored Guest
Apparently I joined the club too. Filed a support ticket...

I remember I had this error too when trying to purchase the Rift on launch day. Then because of those troubles, I refrained from buying the Rift at all. Now a year later it's still the same.

Guess my euros are not good enough...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or my Canuckistan Pesos...  But I have the Rift from BestBuy, so perhaps Steam will want my money instead. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
You should submit a support ticket. Sometimes these things happen in error and we can work to get your account working. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I have been forced to make all my purchases on steam due to this issue, also bought my rift from best buy
😞
I would prefer my games be on home, as I find steam vr kinda clunky.... but whatever

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should submit a support ticket. Sometimes these things happen in error and we can work to get your account working. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com

I'll say it's an error when your system won't allow me to use ANY payment method!?  Even Paypal will not work. Yes I've been waiting on a resolution for over a week.

ShocksVR
Superstar
Yup. I just discovered I'm having the same issue.  Located in USA, have more than enough funds in my bank account, and I just pre-ordered Lone Echo this month and it went through just fine.

Not sure what's going on. I've since did a "test" purchase on STEAM which worked without issues. Pretty irritating since there's a few new games I wanted to play this weekend.  I already sent a ticket into Oculus Support, but this situation really sucks !!!
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
It happened to me too.
They accepted the card for the action game back but refused it for the rift. I also tried other payment method with no success.
It is a bit of a joke if you sell me the games without the headset ordered on the same card. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?