cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add payment method to my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

91 REPLIES 91

peteben
Explorer
Same here. I think once their system has you flagged as a possible fraud, it won't let you buy anything or add payment methods. I think they must be paranoid about selling units to unauthorized resellers (aka scalpers). With the price scheduled to go back up in a week or so, some shady types must be trying to buy them in quantity to make a quick buck.

Pete

ShocksVR
Superstar
Yup.  Oculus support is still investigating my issue, so still not able to purchase anything, and not able to add my debit card.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, they got back to me 12hrs after sending a ticket saying they are looking into it and to stop trying till they notify me. 

Anyway, I was able to order it using a different account and a different credit card. 

beezley
Honored Guest
Hi,

Having the same problem I have submitted a support ticket, registered the card a month ago after the same problems finally it was registered. Went to buy something earlier today and it asked me to add my credit card again. I have used the card previously with Oculus but there are gremlins in the Oculus end somewhere.

I am now getting the same error again, what gives with the payment system?

Would appreciate if someone can sort this out for me as at the moment I cannot purchase from the store. It is a problem Oculus end as I have spent ages on the phone to the bank, they are just seeing no activity their end.

Maybe you will have to end up giving all the stuff away for free if the payment system isn't fixed 😄

cybereality

can you look into this please? I would appreciate it, I missed out on a few deals in summer sale because of payment difficulties sigh 😞

ShocksVR
Superstar
Just bought a game I've been waiting to play off STEAM. Wanted to buy it on Oculus store but couldn't wait any longer.

Ball is in your court Oculus.  Fix the dang issues.

JohSm67
Rising Star
We can’t Pay, creditcard don’t Work in Oculus store (getting new Rift’s) but works in Oculus Home!
PayPal do not either work! Other sites on internet work fine to pay with the cards and Paypal!

Bank says it’s Oculus having issues, ticket created to Oculus but no answer... So this is more than annoying, is it only the EU Store?

/J
JohSm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is everywhere.

My order from a different account with a different card also got cancelled. 

It took them 12hrs to respond after I sent a ticket and after 2 days I received an email saying that they did not forget about me and are still working on the issue and thanking me for my patience blablablabla,
Not to forget, they had no problem taking the money for the game pack.

Anyway, I ended up ordering from BestBuy Canada. They have it back in stock.

rasblo
Honored Guest

JohSm67 said:

We can’t Pay, creditcard don’t Work in Oculus store (getting new Rift’s) but works in Oculus Home!
PayPal do not either work! Other sites on internet work fine to pay with the cards and Paypal!

Bank says it’s Oculus having issues, ticket created to Oculus but no answer... So this is more than annoying, is it only the EU Store?

/J

Same here. Just spoke to my bank and they said it's up to Oculus. They even accepted the request and moved the money from my bank account, and AFTER that I got the emails saying it wasn't successful. The ball is all in Oculus court now. Bank even mentioned Oculus could be shady :persevere:

ShocksVR
Superstar
Oculus was able to help me get this issue sorted, so the unfortunate side effect of the Summer Sale seems to be a bogged down customer support and we just have to wait.

However, what I had to do is send them a copy of a government issued ID with my name and address.  So just a heads up to other users with this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been without a working cable for my cv1 for 2 weeks. No reply from oculus support for over 3 days. It won't even let me order a new cable and pay for it. I am becoming highly disappointed. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?