Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  😄

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

😄 
276 REPLIES 276

Techy111
MVP
MVP
+1 or is that number two's?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

elboffor said:

People mostly shit themselves playing this game
Mostly 

* little girl stares off into the distance with no expression at all *

See? This is why little kids shouldn't use VR!

😉

Techy111
MVP
MVP
That little kid has kids and I got 4, can still shit my pants with the best of them 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

jayhawk
Superstar

GrinderX9 said:

Played about 3 hours so far. This is hands down the best VR experience I have had in any game.

I'm curious to hear what others are saying as well. I've been saying since the start after playing this on DK2 that it was still my best VR experience, even now. I see more respect for seated VR incoming. What we are finally seeing come to fruition is really what I've wanted in VR. I may be out of luck with Fallout though 😞

elboffor
Consultant

Techy111 said:

That little kid has kids and I got 4, can still shit my pants with the best of them 🙂

Im pretty sure he was being descriptive of the scene from aliens lol
https://youtu.be/8VfoG1GsZYw
#oldmanfail
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
#OhBollocks I knew that !!!  😞

SapowiTz
Protege
I both love and hate this! 😄 I dont feel any kind of motion-sickness, but I cant play for more than 1 hour at a time... it just gets to me being hunted all the time, and all my senses up for NOT being eaten! 😄 Kinda feels like workout after 1 hour hahaha

But I agree. This is one of the most intense and awesome experiences on the Oculus I had. Donated 25$ so far, but if it gets a little better with HUD interaction and view I will send more! So much worth it!

And its so cool with the "Alien Unpredictable Mod"... way more intense! 😄 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got killed by an alien for the first time earlier and felt genuine panic bordering on fear lol 😮 😄

I think that the size of these things and the speed that they move at thanks to the game running at 90fps has A LOT to do with it. The boss fights in Wilson's Heart were also a lot more stressful than I thought they would be too.

Such a great game for VR, I'm convinced that someone is going to literally die playing this game and that's why Sega chose not to release a VR version of the game when both of these headsets launched.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I am really hoping the UI elements being out of view gets fixed. It just feels like a tacked on broken mod till then. Cant see squat.

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
I think what people don't realise is that Nibre has basically reactivated the existing beta DK2 functionality that was already in the game to update it to work with the latest Oculus runtime.

Changing UI elements and adding in motion control support while not impossible would be orders of magnitude more complicated.

Thankyou again Nibre for the work you have done. You have done something no one else has been able to do in 1.5 years. I've been playing the crap out of this. My initial goal was to make it up to the derelict scene but now there I might just push on.
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port