Daemon_Impulse
Explorer

Sometimes after exiting a game or going to the home menu the
right touch control starts vibrating and doesn’t stop unless I take the HMD
off, but as soon as I put it on again it starts vibrating again. Also at the
same time the system behaves as if the left key in the keyboard was permanently
pressed.

I have absolutely no idea if it’s hardware, drivers, Win10 or something else
what causes it. Anyone else has seen this problem?

23 REPLIES 23

itooon
Honored Guest
I have the same problem.
When going back to Oculus home, the right touch control starts vibrating, and I hear a loud noise from headphones.
But after launch app, these issues will be gone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind I fixed it. All you have to do is go to settings, beta, and restart Oculus and it should fix the right hand vibration. It worked for me.

it works for me. ithx!

elboffor
Consultant
Does you right trigger make a loud noise by any chance?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Twinkacetti
Honored Guest
I'm having this same issue. I've had them for a day. Tutorials, games all work fine. In the main menu the right controller is buzzing non-stop and both hands are flickering in and out.  I've tried restarting, re-doing the full setup multiple times, re-seated all USB connections, changed connections, uninistalled all Oculus software and started completely over. Controllers work fine during the setup, then as soon as you enter the main menu, they both go haywire.  I'm about to return them to the store.

maloto
Explorer
I'm also having the same problem and have restarted the computer and oculus. Sounds like no one has a fix but the problem seems to randomly fix itself. 

RikkaKami
Explorer
Got same issue right now. Right touch vibration is on all the time when in oculus app, and it act like left or right button would be pushed all the time. Went through oculus calibration and it worked fine till I got back to main app. Restarting software from "beta" panel didnt help.

EDIT: Issue fixed by itself on next day

therealshawnhym
Honored Guest
I am having this issue now.  I played for about 2 hours on several games, everything was fine.  Put the headset down and got something to drink, and now every time I put the headset on, the right controller constantly buzzes in home, and i cant use the buttons.  Most games actually work fine, aside from Minecraft VR, which constantly spins in a circle.  I can get it to stop by holding left on the right hand touch control stick, so what I think is that it assumes I am always pushing left on that stick.  Several reboots, starting with the config like new several times, and trying the beta reboot have not fixed the issue.

Anyone else still having this issue?

therealshawnhym
Honored Guest
Alrighty, so my problem is pretty silly.  I did not realize that there was an xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer, and it was on the floor, against the wall, and the right stick was jammed to the side.  This was causing my right rift controller to vibrate and beep constantly.   maybe that will help someone else.

m3gatron
Explorer
Devs, Can you work on making a fix. It seems to be an issue with Xbox 360 controllers can Bug out the right oculus touch controllers. =

crossmr
Protege
Just want to say that I also have this issue. Got the oculus yesterday. Tried out a game with the gamepad. Went to play with the controllers later, and suddenly it was beeping and the right touch was going crazy. If they come together they should work together.