cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.17 Rift Release Notes

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
Calling all Rift owners - 1.17 starts rolling out today! New updates include Parties chat system, release notes for recent app updates, and more! As always, your feedback is appreciated, let us know what you think.

FEATURES:
  • Oculus Library:
    • You can now see detailed release notes for recent app updates, including the Oculus system software, from the Updates screen in Library.
    • You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.
  • Parties for Rift: In Oculus Home or Universal Menu, select a friend and choose Invite to Party. Friends in your party can chat with you across Rift apps, or wherever you go in VR. Each party can support a total of 4 people at a time.
  • Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool.
BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed an issue where reconnecting the Rift headset wouldn't fully restore functionality after being disconnected.
  • Fixed an issue with lens slider settings not being respected in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue with the floor shifting while you're in VR.
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
44 REPLIES 44

Stumpy2101
Protege
@nalex66 Thanks for your response and explanation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

It typically rolls out gradually over a couple days. You might be able to get it immediately by opting in to the beta stream, which should still be the same version as the new release. Other than that, there's no way to force the update.

Thank you very much 🙂

HGMIV
Honored Guest
How can I add games no acquired from the Oculus Store to my library?

FolkSong
Expert Protege

HGMIV said:

How can I add games no acquired from the Oculus Store to my library?

Just launch them once. But for SteamVR games you need to launch them directly from the Steam app on your monitor, you can't launch them from within SteamVR.

Thmoas
Rising Star
It's best just to wait. Sometimes you'll get it first, other times you wait for two weeks. It depends. It's not important to get it right away, just enjoy when it arrives.

LeapFrog
Honored Guest
Did it today and ported games over from steam VR to oculus. Yep sign in to the Beta under settings and allow 3rd party content. Then load up Steam VR game while home is open and bam it shows up in library.

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
@VirtuaJulian
@cybereality

Any chance on the the team is working on retrieval of deleted games from the Oculus Home library using 3rd party apps via Steam?  Asking due to I deleted Project Cars from the Library due to it was ONLY opening the application for pancake (2D) gaming from OH when it was first installed to my OH library.  No HMD at all.  Yes, I own the game on my Steam library and have not been able to re-apply this title to my Oculus Home library.  

StoreAssets example:
C_ProgramFiles(x86)_Steam_steamapps_common_**pCARS**

ttoy360
Honored Guest
my display quit functioning after 1.17.1 download anyone else have that issue?  oculus loads up but no display on HMD

crashkid90
Honored Guest
How can i update my client?

Terrikus
Explorer
Im getting an error with party chat. Something about Platform runtime not ready.