Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  😄

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

😄 
276 REPLIES 276

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I understand that actually pheonix. I'm simply hoping the broken UI elements are fixable. Touch controls are a whole other matter and not realistic to expect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
So i wonder what will be the next modded horror game, Outlast maybe? Plz ? 🙂

SimplexPL
Protege
Without access to source code it's almost impossible to make a good VR mod. Alien Isolation is an exception as it already had VR support built by the devs. Similar story with Dying Light. 
Regards,
Simplex

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Which is why I ask if these issues can be fixed. I hope....otherwise it's just too messed up for me. 

Murpheus77
Protege

Nacaryus said:

I played through Outlast with Vireio and the ubiquitous sensation of impending death was far more intense than A.I., in my opinion. Both are tough (perhaps the toughest) games to play in VR, but at least A.I. offers a means of self defence and therefore a sense of contingency. In Outlast you have two legs and a camcorder equipped with night vision, presumably so you don't miss all the good bits where you are bludgeoned to death in the pitch dark by a naked freak with an old table leg.    

Outlast in VR is about as disturbing as it gets for me in a game. I'd usually pass on any form of media that involves being helplessly pursued by naked, possessed, muscle-bound maniacs (just not my taste) but there is something about the game that resolves you to beat it - and then spend a long time weeping in the shower afterwards.   

Anyway...great mod and fantastic effort, Nibre.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Nacaryus said:

outlast would be good, as would any resident evil games, or Dead Space.

not horror but i would love VR Tomb Raider.

(as a general rule - excluding AI and doom 3 which just had to be made VR - I think 3rd person games NOT made for VR may translate better by mods than 1st person... ie like edge og nowhere)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't understand how you can get a game with crap graphics that runs like shite. But can then get a game like Alien Isolation that has great graphics and hardly drops below 90 FPS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

lovethis said:

I don't understand how you can get a game with crap graphics that runs like shite. But can then get a game like Alien Isolation that has great graphics and hardly drops below 90 FPS.

Talent.

A lot of it is also down to Substances. A software company called Allegorithmic has developed an awesome suite of programs called Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Bitmap2Material. This suite of programs allow developers to create PBR textures (Physically Based Rendering) which behave in-game when exposed to light and shadows as objects in real life. And as a nice added bonus these textures are small in size so are pretty cheap to render in terms of processing.

I managed to buy the Indie Pack while they had a sale on and got all 3 for $199 instead of $299.

Morituri_te
Protege
 Thank you for this! 

Kianoni
Explorer
Works perfectly. No motion sickness for me. Totally unplayable, too scary.