Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  😄

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

😄 
276 REPLIES 276

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup B)

Am working on a sci-fi survival-horror game that's going to be something like Dreadhalls meets Alien Isolation Tomb Raider game (honest!). It's slow going because a) I haven't developed a game since the late 80s and don't have a Scooby Doo what I'm doing b) I'm documenting all of this in a Dev Blog on the VR Spies Forum here as I'm going along and c) My issues with severe depression make it difficult to work on, I have good days and bad weeks so I can go several weeks at a time without working on it at all unfortunately. 😞

Just bought myself the Indie Substance Pack from Allegorithmic when it was on sale the other day - Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Bitmap2Material all for $199! 😄 Allows you to create realistic looking textures VERY quickly and easily and have been used to do the textures for loads of AAA games including Lone Echo and Robo Recall B)

The Dev Blog above says the game is called Nakamura's Pride but I decided to change it to Nakamura's Fall because there's some retired MMA fighter called Nakamura who won some sort of MMA competition called Pride so didn't want to run into any licencing/copyright issues by calling the ship Nakamura's Pride so have instead gone for the NMC Nakamura and calling the game Nakamura's Fall because the player responds to a distress call and as he/she plays through the game discovers what caused the fall of the ship.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

snowdog said:

Yup B)

Am working on a sci-fi survival-horror game that's going to be something like Dreadhalls meets Alien Isolation Tomb Raider game (honest!). It's slow going because a) I haven't developed a game since the late 80s and don't have a Scooby Doo what I'm doing b) I'm documenting all of this in a Dev Blog on the VR Spies Forum here as I'm going along and c) My issues with severe depression make it difficult to work on, I have good days and bad weeks so I can go several weeks at a time without working on it at all unfortunately. 😞

Good luck with that. Sounds an ambitious title for your 1st game in 30 years! Sorry to hear about your health problems. I have friends who suffer with depression it's a horrible thing !.

May I ask what your past games were back in the day? Mayhap I played one.

Once again good luck

PS I hate the quoting on this site
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
You wouldn't have played any of them because I was still a kid at school so wrote them for friends lol. I did get together with a couple of mates around that time and one of my mates sent a load of games off on our behalf to a company but I didn't think we heard anything back from them. He confessed about 15-20 years later that he ripped us off and got 50 quid from them...dodgy fucker lol 😮 😄

I did work in the industry for a few years until my depression stopped me from working and worked on Championship Manager, Tomb Raider Legends, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Just Cause and another few that have slipped my mind.

I soon got sick to the death of the sight of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft though, there was a life size Lara Croft statue opposite my desk so I saw her every day that I was working for Eidos. Bloody woman lol 😕 😮 😕 😄

I used to be a QA Technician so got paid to play video games which has been the only job in my life that I've enjoyed doing. Such a shame that my depression ruined this for me, I can't see myself getting back into the industry again as a tester because I'm way too old now unfortunately, hopefully this game (if I ever get it finished) will open the door to getting a game design job of some description though. It's quite frustrating that you can't get a design job unless you have a degree but if I end up having a game on the Oculus Store that should show people that you don't need a design degree to work in this industry and get things done.

I'm a long way away from being able to get back to work though, am waiting to get regular appointments with a shrink at my local psychiatric hospital so we'll see how things go I guess.

Here's a list of some of the stuff I worked on, those are just ones where I'm credited as a tester, there were other games such as Urban Chaos and Just Cause amongst others where I did a load of overtime late on in the projects, some I got a Special Thanks mention and some I didn't:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,175411/

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Told you hes old  😄 and jiggy with mr biggy ? Now I'm pretty sure there is a thread here somewhere that you comment on your Mr small ?  o:) I feel for you @snowdog I'm in the medical business and help people like yourself daily. Big kudos to you. Stay sharp and crack on mate 😉
cmdsn9j63ktv.jpg

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I ripped that off Ali G, he was great back in the day! 😄

My mate and ex-boss Tony used to play that video in the pub I used to work in during the day years and years ago. Also played The Fat Slags (the funny animated version not the crap one with those two actresses from that crap sitcom that I've forgotten the name of!) Life Of Brian, Meaning Of Life, The Holy Grail and Jungle Burger. Every now and we had a member of the public complaining about the films we were showing, saying they were offensive so we just told them to fuck off and drink somewhere else lmfao 😄 😄 😄

Techy111
MVP
MVP
My name is Tony, am I your ex boss ? I can't remember lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Edit

vannagirl
Consultant

snowdog said:

I'm a long way away from being able to get back to work though, am waiting to get regular appointments with a shrink at my local psychiatric hospital so we'll see how things go I guess.

I am sorry to hear this,
i hope they can help you soon. You always sound so happy and carefree.

I have seen PTSD up close a few times all i can give is, the start key to always moving forward is structure

nice varied career also 🙂

back to topic, looking around the stores i had bookmarked, this titles is back up to $35. Word spreading it is popular again?

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

vannagirl said:

but i would love VR Tomb Raider.

wow this would be something

I am putting it out there now, any Dev making Tomb raider VR

I am willing to have your children ❤️ 😮

They did make a VR mode for the PSVR in Rise of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Not sure if they released it on Steam. Apparently it wasn't all that and had you look around the Croft manor for clues about Lara's past.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I the only one that can't get the image of @vannagirl looking like Lara Croft out of my mind..? :blush: 😄 B)