cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

Zandu
Explorer
can samone pls post link to the newaest version of tray tool for oculus rift  im new to this thx

leekeene
Explorer

Zandu said:

can samone pls post link to the newaest version of tray tool for oculus rift  im new to this thx

TOP OF PAGE 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oagrz2edxidw518/OculusTrayTool_0.70.1.zip?dl=0

Sitruz
Protege

leekeene said:

sherpa25 said:

leekeene said:

Great Tool. many thanks. can i ask a few questions being a complete newbie.

1) i have set SuperSampling to 1.5 so i presume this will open all games in both Oculus Home and Steam VR??

2) i want to play BatmanVR which is in my steam library the setting will be 1.5 Super Sampling as stated above, unless i select a profile eg BatmanVR.exe from the Steam Library and set SuperSampling to 1.1

3) not relating to you App (unless it is there and i havent seen it) is there a way to see what FPS im getting?

any help greatly appreciated

1) It doesn't open games, but I think what you mean is the tool will apply SS to both games.  But I'd suggest leaving it to zero for SteamVR (SVR) games, and set SS inside SVR (Settings->Developer) for SVR games.
2) I don't understand, what's the question?
3) You can use the different overlays in the tool.  I also use MSI Afterburner, but this will display only on the monitor.

1) ok didnt know that was an option. so to setup Oculus Tray for that do i setup a profile that when i open SteamVR to set Supersampling to 1? then every game within SteamVR will be run at 1? or does them selecting an application within SteamVR actually open another .exe and thus default SS is taken which i have set to 1.5??

2) is just talking about using Profiles. 

3) i didnt know there was overlays but i think i just found them

I think what Sherpa25 is suggesting is that you set the Super Sampling for Steam games inside SteamVR (not OTT). OTT generally works fine for both Steam and Oculus games, but sometimes Steam games don't play well with OTT and completely ignore it.

I've started using OTT at global 0, then profiles for Oculus Games, and SteamVR SS settings for Steam games. I use the OTT for FPS & Pixel Density overlay in both Steam and Oculus games. Now that Oculus creates links to Steam games automatically in Oculus Home it may be time to start tinkering again. Ideally I'd like to be able to use OTT as my single go to SS tool eventually but that may never happen (depends on the games). AAA titles with SS settings in-game I use those rather than either SVR or OTT.

leekeene
Explorer
when does the Steam intergration happen version .1.17 i believe im still on 1.16

what do you do when some games appear to have multiple entries just select the .exe game file?

baggyg
Protege
Thanks so much for this awesome work. Just as some feedback it would be great if we could enter our own name against each Profile. Often the executable name bears little similarity to the name of the game. 

KinkyJalepeno
Explorer
Ok I'm an Occulus Noob of a couple of days..  What exactly is this for please?

Oh hold on, is this like ED Profiler?  It lets you set various parameters but for any game you have?
Home built VR rig
NZXT H440 Black Mid-Tower
Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
Asus Maximus IX Hero mobo
NVidia 1080ti
32 Gb Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4
Corsair H80i liquid cooling

Zandu
Explorer
Better graphics while using VR

Sitruz
Protege

Ok I'm an Occulus Noob of a couple of days..  What exactly is this for please?

Oh hold on, is this like ED Profiler?  It lets you set various parameters but for any game you have?

@Brown_Recluse It's a fantastic little app that at its absolute most basic description, is a tool to enable you to set super sampling levels for each game by way of game profiles. If you've not already looked up Super Sampling it's basically rendering at a very high resolution, then downsampling it back to the native resolution of the Rift's display. Doing this wipes out most of the jaggies and nastiness. The downside is it requires a heck of a lot of GPU processing so you need a good graphics card to hit the high numbers.

That was a very basic explanation. Please don't flame me anyone lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable
After a while the WMI Provider Host uses up more and more cpu usage. There's definitely some kind of leak going on as it can ramp up to 10%, it takes a long long time to get there but still. Just running the tool uses up about 1.5-2% cpu on the WMI Provider Host.

Also I'm finding quite a few errors in the event viewer for WMI Activity associated with the Oculus Tray Tool:

ResultCode = 0x8007042B; PossibleCause = Could not send status to client

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@furfoot It's on my todo list for next version, will have a look at it.