Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  😄

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

😄 
276 REPLIES 276

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Mother VR MOD is absolutely fantastic!!!

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
This might be a good time to remind people. If you are enjoying the work Nibre has done, think about donating some money for all the great work he put into this. Paypal link here

https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases/tag/0.1.0

People who do this sort of work should be encouraged. SEGA couldn't be bothered doing it but Nibre did.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

elboffor
Consultant
Am i the only person that wants to play manhunt in vr?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

Wildt said:

snowdog said:
I've done 42 models so far
Teheheheh...

Agg! Agg! F'Nar! F'Nar!

Only old gits like me will understand that reference lol 😛

How old is an old git? In the olden days you were an old git when you reached 50 year old. How old do you have to be to be called an old git now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

lovethis said:

snowdog said:

Wildt said:

snowdog said:
I've done 42 models so far
Teheheheh...

Agg! Agg! F'Nar! F'Nar!

Only old gits like me will understand that reference lol 😛

How old is an old git? In the olden days you were an old git when you reached 50 year old. How old do you have to be to be called an old git now?

Depends on how old the people are that you're asking. To some young whippersnappers anyone over 30 is ancient. 😮

Just did a Google search and you don't have to be an old git to get that reference, Viz comic is still going. Might have to buy a copy now and see if it's as funny as it used be in the 80s and 90s. The words above are what the Viz character Finbarr Saunders used to say whenever he came across a double entendre (Chortle! Chortle! Ker-Snip! Ker-Snip!) 😄 😄 😄

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I remember been about 15 years old and thinking people were old when they were in their 50's. I classed some of them as old gits because they used to burst our footballs if ever they went over the fence into their gardens. The ones in their 40's used to just throw the ball back over, but the 50's age group were a bit more reluctant. That told me they classed me as a young whippersnapper who needed to be taught a lesson and I then classed them as an old gits. Now I'm an old git myself, I understand the reasoning behind the old gits - LOL.

Murpheus77
Protege

This might be a good time to remind people. If you are enjoying the work Nibre has done, think about donating some money for all the great work he put into this. Paypal link here

https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases/tag/0.1.0

People who do this sort of work should be encouraged. SEGA couldn't be bothered doing it but Nibre did.

Though I can still play A.I. in extended mode with a DK2, the convenience of not having to boot up another installation of Windows to do so is definitely worth buying somebody a beer.

The day people like Nibre disappear from the scene is a dark day for VR. 

haboku
Protege
Tried the MOTHER VR Mod, and did what no other game has made to me: INCREDIBLE MOTION SICKNESS. After 10 minutes, was impossible to play.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer

haboku said:

Tried the MOTHER VR Mod, and did what no other game has made to me: INCREDIBLE MOTION SICKNESS. After 10 minutes, was impossible to play.

I guess that happens to most in the beginning. I'd suggest focusing on games that are easier on the stomach at first but coming back to AI at least once a week. Always stop when it starts to feel bad.
After a while you'll be able to play longer and longer stints. It's a matter of training.

That may sound tedious but the good thing is once you get trough this you'll be pretty much immune to sickness in any VR game.
At least that's how it worked for me.

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

haboku said:

Likely the reason they never included it in the final build of the game.

The only solution I have seen to getting VR legs is as Litespeed said start with easier games and work your way up.

1. Play a game till you feel queasy then stop IMMEDIATELY!
  2. Wait a day
  3. Rinse repeat.
Never "push on through" as it will make it worse.

I've seen countless people posting over the last year that this method got them bulletproof VR legs.

Personally I've been blessed with an iron stomach and can handle most experiences.
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port