With the 1.17 PC software
update (available now in our public test channel) we’re making it easier to
manage your content library all in one place. Now, you’ll be able to view and
launch all apps that support Rift from your computer or in VR, even if you
acquired them from outside the Oculus Store. We know people sideload apps for a
variety of reasons, so we've included some options to help provide flexibility
and control of what’s displayed. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can toggle displaying
    third party app titles “on” and “off” from the Filter menu of the Library in the
    upper right of the Oculus desktop app
  • You can remove individual
    apps from your Library (note that this does not uninstall the app; also, at
    this time, this action can’t be undone)
  • If you are using an app
    obtained or purchased outside the Oculus Store, your activity will simply
    display as "Online"
  • Library will still display
    the five most recently played apps. If you toggle “off” third party apps
    titles, they will be removed from recent activity

We’ll be iterating on Library
functionality and features with future patches. If you’re testing the release,
please share feedback with us via the PTC, and stay tuned for future updates.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
190 REPLIES 190

throughtheiris2
Explorer
Anyone have SteamVR and Audioshield Json files?

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
Oculus Staff is really kind of funny - This matter was addressed by obtaining JSON manifest files.  The application (Project Cars) has been re-added to my Oculus Home library.    

XXXXX (Oculus Support)

Aug 7, 2:36 PM PDT

Hi SubZer0VR,

Thanks for your patience
while this case was escalated and reviewed.

Unfortunately, there is no
way to re-add a third party application to your Oculus Home library after it
has been manually removed.

Our engineering team is
exploring ways that this type of functionality can be added in the future.

However, there is no sort of
timeline we are able to provide as to when something like that might be
available.

We appreciate your patience
and understanding while this work takes place.

If you have any further
questions or concerns, please let us know!

Best,

XXXXX

Oculus Support

I really just want to know...Not knocking the idea(s) at all, but why release a half-assed feature? 

throughtheiris2
Explorer
@SUBZer0VR. They responded to me by telling me to check the change log to keep track of new features.

So, you're getting an error with a non-oculus app like Project Cars. So, you remove it, because there is no point in having a redundant app in your library. The issue gets fixed, but you can no longer add it your library because that cannot be done.

What is wrong with these developers? Every ability to delete an item ever created in the existence of computers, has included a way to add it back.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's a feature that will likely be included in the future, but it didn't make it for this version. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

csrogue
Honored Guest
anyone have the json files for elite dangerous that I could download?

PISSED0FFvr
Protege

csrogue said:

anyone have the json files for elite dangerous that I could download?

I have the JSON for the free version of Elite Dangerous:  Arena (Multiplayer) from Steam.  Sorry, I purchased ED Deluxe Edition from Oculus Home.  Let me know if you would like to attempt that.  However, I doubt it will even work for what we need it to do.  Let me know...Thanks!   🙂

@SUBZer0VR. They responded to me by telling me to check the change log to keep track of new features.

So, you're getting an error with a non-oculus app like Project Cars. So, you remove it, because there is no point in having a redundant app in your library. The issue gets fixed, but you can no longer add it your library because that cannot be done.

What is wrong with these developers? Every ability to delete an item ever created in the existence of computers, has included a way to add it back.

CORRECT, no ifs ands or butts around it!  We must be test subjects to them lol 😄

PISSED0FFvr
Protege

Anyone have SteamVR and Audioshield Json files?

I sent a PM to you about how to go about re-adding SteamVR to you library.  Sorry, I don't own Audioshield nor have ties or access to any of the files.  If you have issues getting SteamVR to appear in your library you can PM me or chat with the person from the YouTube video.  We response pretty quick to help wanted questions.  

throughtheiris2
Explorer
@SUBZer0V. Yeah thanks I got it. Nice to have someone respond in a helpful way, unlike you know who.

UsaRubber
Honored Guest
Hi guys every since the update today oculus home no longer recognizes my headset plugged in through an hdmi extension. It also has terrible connectivity with my 3rd sensor, Ontop of that, when it would work, it would crash my pc after 5-10 minutes of playing, error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (wdf01000.sys) So naturally I went and updated my GPU drivers from one that was only a month or so old and working flawlessly not even 12 hours ago to the newest one, oculus now crashes my entire PC every time I open it. Reverted back to the drivers that it worked with last and I can no longer open oculus home. Uninstalled oculus entirely and reinstalled. No go, crashes every time. If it doesn't crash my PC it crashes my GPU shutting the fans off until it overheats. Literally wtf happened it was all working so smoothly now I can't even turn it on or it crashes my pc and then goes into infinite reboot loop until I clear bios.

Is there a link or way to re-download the last driver version? It was working fine. I don't really care about having to launch steam vr games from another launcher honestly because right now my entire PC wont even work with this thing plugged in. I've had this thing literally one week and it was working flawless till update, I was actually extremely impressed.

Sterling77
Rising Star

UsaRubber said:

Hi guys every since the update today oculus home no longer recognizes my headset plugged in through an hdmi extension. It also has terrible connectivity with my 3rd sensor, Ontop of that, when it would work, it would crash my pc after 5-10 minutes of playing, error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (wdf01000.sys) So naturally I went and updated my GPU drivers from one that was only a month or so old and working flawlessly not even 12 hours ago to the newest one, oculus now crashes my entire PC every time I open it. Reverted back to the drivers that it worked with last and I can no longer open oculus home. Uninstalled oculus entirely and reinstalled. No go, crashes every time. If it doesn't crash my PC it crashes my GPU shutting the fans off until it overheats. Literally wtf happened it was all working so smoothly now I can't even turn it on or it crashes my pc and then goes into infinite reboot loop until I clear bios.

Uninstall Antivirus completely - then try. These are the same issues i have had - strange behaviour and bios loops. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook