cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo Is AMAZING! First 25 Minutes of Gameplay

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

OK all I can say is WOW.... Lone Echo is amazing! This game has everything that I look for in a single player story driven VR FPS game. The graphics are top notch, the 3D audio is nicely done and the voice acting is high quality! Unfortunately I never got a chance to try the Echo Arena Beta but in some ways I'm glad I waited and experienced this one first. If you own an Oculus Rift I highly recommend giving this a look!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
29 REPLIES 29

pyroth309
Visionary
This review might have convinced me to jump in. https://www.roadtovr.com/lone-echo-review-oculus-rift/   It took him 6 hours to complete and he blew past the easter eggs and most of the side quests. 

pyroth309
Visionary
A spanish review just sold me so I picked it up. Below is translation. 

Lone Echo is a logical step in the progression of the VR content ecosystem. Developers already know what works and what doesn't. Touch shows its full potential and the graphics and resolution of the Rift are not an impediment to play the hours that are needed - so far I have 5 hours and the game seems to give for much more. The size of the environments is much wider than in other games but sometimes Ready at Dawn does not take full advantage of them due to the route the story takes you. Lone Echo would leave an excellent taste if not for the lack of Spanish language support and for the minor performance issues (even with a GTX 1080). It is an immersive game, an experience on par with regular monitor games, and gives the feeling that when game design is taken seriously in VR, our the results shine bright. With an entry price of €39, it is undoubtedly one of the best VR investments of today.

Zazastan
Explorer
I need to play this!!! Cant wait for my rift!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Applecore - You get Echo Area to play as long as you want with the game.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Yeah I know, just not really interested in multiplayer games sadly.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Zenbane said:
Take the VR Cinema in Amsterdam which charges $8.00 for only 30 minutes:
https://thevrcinema.com/now-showing

(to get 4 hours it would be $32)

I have no personal opinion on the matter - other than I expect over 40 hours for a $60 video game. The market is speaking for itself though 😘

You pay $32 to use a Gear VR for 4 hours. Why not just buy one?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Applecorp said:

Yeah I know, just not really interested in multiplayer games sadly.

When I go down the pub I usually spend £25 on five pints of larger that I normally consume within 5 hours. That's how I look at it and that's why I've purchased the game. For me it will be more entertaining then playing dominoes with a bunch of oldies down the pub this weekend.  When you go to something like £39.99 for the game called "The Climb," then I definitely want more out of that game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get over 6 hours out of the game if you don't rush through it. There are side missions and lots of objects and tings you can learn about and interact with around you. 🙂   Amazing game, well worth it. Just having a few issues running on gtx 970, especially when outside.

Anonymous
Not applicable
A while ago I sold my Oculus and then recently took up the offer with the hand controllers. Lone Echo was the first game I tried since coming back. As usual with Oculus the setup was straight forward. I had since upgraded my graphics card from a GTX1070 to a GTX1080TI and upgraded to a Kaby Lake chip set and so I was expecting faster frame rates. I had two immediate impressions. First moving around didn't cause me to suffer motion sickness which I suffered from badly in early VR games. The hand controllers and the second sensor allow room scale VR which is a lot of fun. The game did initially give me a bad headache but the second time around wasn't as bad and I was better able to control my character and play longer. The game has excellent graphics and voice acting. I also liked having proper arms rather than detached hands. This game's mechanics are definitely a step forward in the VR genre. It's good to see some progress. 

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
This game cost me a lot of money.  I had a GTX 980.  I couldn't max this game out and I wanted to see the beauty of its full potential.  I ended up ordering a new GTX 1080ti FTW3 edition, a new RGB 750 watt PSU, 16 gigs of faster ram (had 8 gigs before) and my old 980 ripped out the PCIE port off my old mobo so I had to order a new mobo. however I now want to get a new CPU, and an aura controlled board and new RGB ddr4 ram

I want an RGB build for some reason, the eye candy