New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• leekeeneleekeene Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Zandu said:
    can samone pls post link to the newaest version of tray tool for oculus rift  im new to this thx
    TOP OF PAGE 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oagrz2edxidw518/OculusTrayTool_0.70.1.zip?dl=0
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    leekeene said:
    sherpa25 said:
    leekeene said:
    Great Tool. many thanks. can i ask a few questions being a complete newbie.

1) i have set SuperSampling to 1.5 so i presume this will open all games in both Oculus Home and Steam VR??

2) i want to play BatmanVR which is in my steam library the setting will be 1.5 Super Sampling as stated above, unless i select a profile eg BatmanVR.exe from the Steam Library and set SuperSampling to 1.1

3) not relating to you App (unless it is there and i havent seen it) is there a way to see what FPS im getting?

any help greatly appreciated
    1) It doesn't open games, but I think what you mean is the tool will apply SS to both games.  But I'd suggest leaving it to zero for SteamVR (SVR) games, and set SS inside SVR (Settings->Developer) for SVR games.
    2) I don't understand, what's the question?
    3) You can use the different overlays in the tool.  I also use MSI Afterburner, but this will display only on the monitor.

1) ok didnt know that was an option. so to setup Oculus Tray for that do i setup a profile that when i open SteamVR to set Supersampling to 1? then every game within SteamVR will be run at 1? or does them selecting an application within SteamVR actually open another .exe and thus default SS is taken which i have set to 1.5??

2) is just talking about using Profiles. 

3) i didnt know there was overlays but i think i just found them
    I think what Sherpa25 is suggesting is that you set the Super Sampling for Steam games inside SteamVR (not OTT). OTT generally works fine for both Steam and Oculus games, but sometimes Steam games don't play well with OTT and completely ignore it.

I've started using OTT at global 0, then profiles for Oculus Games, and SteamVR SS settings for Steam games. I use the OTT for FPS & Pixel Density overlay in both Steam and Oculus games. Now that Oculus creates links to Steam games automatically in Oculus Home it may be time to start tinkering again. Ideally I'd like to be able to use OTT as my single go to SS tool eventually but that may never happen (depends on the games). AAA titles with SS settings in-game I use those rather than either SVR or OTT.
  • leekeeneleekeene Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    when does the Steam intergration happen version .1.17 i believe im still on 1.16

what do you do when some games appear to have multiple entries just select the .exe game file?
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    Thanks so much for this awesome work. Just as some feedback it would be great if we could enter our own name against each Profile. Often the executable name bears little similarity to the name of the game. 
  • KinkyJalepenoKinkyJalepeno Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2017
    Ok I'm an Occulus Noob of a couple of days..  What exactly is this for please?

Oh hold on, is this like ED Profiler?  It lets you set various parameters but for any game you have?
    Home built VR rig
    NZXT H440 Black Mid-Tower
    Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
    Asus Maximus IX Hero mobo
    NVidia 1080ti
    32 Gb Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4
    Corsair H80i liquid cooling
  • ZanduZandu Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Better graphics while using VR
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok I'm an Occulus Noob of a couple of days..  What exactly is this for please?

Oh hold on, is this like ED Profiler?  It lets you set various parameters but for any game you have?
    @Brown_Recluse It's a fantastic little app that at its absolute most basic description, is a tool to enable you to set super sampling levels for each game by way of game profiles. If you've not already looked up Super Sampling it's basically rendering at a very high resolution, then downsampling it back to the native resolution of the Rift's display. Doing this wipes out most of the jaggies and nastiness. The downside is it requires a heck of a lot of GPU processing so you need a good graphics card to hit the high numbers.

That was a very basic explanation. Please don't flame me anyone lol.
  • furfootfurfoot Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    After a while the WMI Provider Host uses up more and more cpu usage. There's definitely some kind of leak going on as it can ramp up to 10%, it takes a long long time to get there but still. Just running the tool uses up about 1.5-2% cpu on the WMI Provider Host.

Also I'm finding quite a few errors in the event viewer for WMI Activity associated with the Oculus Tray Tool:

ResultCode = 0x8007042B; PossibleCause = Could not send status to client
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 415
    Trinity
    @furfoot It's on my todo list for next version, will have a look at it.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 170
    Art3mis
    Sitrus.
    That was a very basic explanation. Please don't flame me anyone lol.
    That was a an excellent explanation. Lets hope Brown recluse tries it. Start at 1.4ss and move up till it stops being smooth. My  gtx1080 will hold smooth at 1.8ss in Oculus and 1.6ss in Asseto corsa and ETS2 outside Oculus.
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 560
    Neo
    I see Inateck has released new 3.8 Fresco Logic drivers.
    https://www.inateck.com/inateck-ktu3fr-4p-usb-3-0-pci-express-karte-mit-4-usb-3-0-ports.html

Do the new drivers affect the functionality of the OTT Fresco Logic tweaks? Are they still needed?
    Thanks!!!
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Neo
    https://www.inateck.com/inateck-ktu3fr-4p-usb-3-0-pci-express-karte-mit-4-usb-3-0-ports.html

Do the new drivers affect the functionality of the OTT Fresco Logic tweaks? Are they still needed?
    Thanks!!!
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    @ShocksOculus I am using the 3.8 Fresco Logic drivers, have the OTT Fresco Logic tweaks enabled and have not noticed any issues. Have not tested the 3.8 drivers with OTT tweaks disabled though.
  • AmosUKAmosUK Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Love your work its a great tool, having an issue though for some reason I cant get the service to start, I had an older version before and had to remove the service now I cant get it back on, its not even listed in the services tab of task manager, I am running windows 10 64 bit if you can help a fellow vr buddy out.

Cheers 
  • Ernimus_PrimeErnimus_Prime Posts: 392
    Trinity

Thanks!!!

How new are they? 
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.
    Neo
    e_m_d88 said:
    How new are they? 
    I dunno, 3.8 came out past couple months?
    I believe the 3.6 came out early 2017 (drivers I use now).
    Oculus Rift S
  • TorvaTharTorvaThar Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    RCFlyer said:
    RCFlyer said:
    Can't get OTT to work.  When I try to start the program I get a message that says it is starting and to wait.  The program never gets passed that message.  It also will not save any setting that I make in the menu.  I am using the latest version with Windows 10 and have just installed the Oculus with current updates.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  By the way, running OTT and Oculus as administrator.

Regards,

Danny
    Hello Danny.... I had a issue and i deleted the ott text file showing in the map.

Maybe try this.
    Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried deleting the ott.txt file, but, it made no difference.

Danny
    New Rift/VR user here....

I had the same problem with OTT when logged on to Windows 7 as a normal user account and then trying to execute OTT by "Run as Admin". Doing so would cause OTT to hang at startup. If I killed the OculusDebugToolCLI.exe process in task manager OTT would start up, but any settings changed would not take effect at all and would not be saved on exit. Verified file permissions were set appropriately where OTT resides as well. So as a test I added my normal user account to the Administrators group and that fixed it. OTT starts up fine, settings apply and are saved on exit now.

Still learning the VR ropes but OTT is a really nice addition to the Rift!
  • migotmigot Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Hello,

How to uninstall old version and intall new one ? I cant see uninstal.exe
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,025 Valuable Player
    migot said:
    Hello,

How to uninstall old version and intall new one ? I cant see uninstal.exe

As there is no installation routine, there is no uninstall routine. After getting a new version and verifying it is working well for me, I just delete the old one.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    @migot As dburne said, there is no uninstall. If you checked the "start with windows" box, uncheck this before deleting the application. I you have not checked this box then you simply delete it.

Cheers!
  • WhiteVulpineWhiteVulpine Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I just got my Oculus a few days ago. I just found this. This is freaking gold! Thank you so much @ApollyonVR

Trinity
    You're welcome =) The new version is coming soon-ish, it's gonna have a bit more stuff and overall better gui and profile management.
  • sherpa25sherpa25 Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    You're welcome =) The new version is coming soon-ish, it's gonna have a bit more stuff and overall better gui and profile management.
    Sounds great!  By chance, is it possible (only if practical), to just put Profiles in an expanded window, similar to the '?' expanded screen at the bottom when you click the '?' symbol?  I've been having issues sometimes when the Profiles sub-window doesn't show up on my screen (triples) and it locks up OTT, so I have to end the app in Taskbar. 
  • Star-lizardStar-lizard Posts: 347
    Trinity
    Hey great app , I have one question, do the settings in this app override the  in game settings. For example if ss is set to 1.1 in app and ss is set to 1.25 in game what setting is being used 
    Trinity
    Hi! Usually, if an app allows for setting pixel density/super sampling in-game, that setting will be used. But that might depend a bit on how the developer is doing things. Sometimes the OTT setting might be the one that is used. If you want to make sure that the in-game setting is used, create a profile for the ame and sett ss to 0. That should make sure that the in-game setting is used. Also, use the Pixel Density overlay when you are in the game and you can see what SS setting you are getting, and experiment a bit with different settings.
  • Star-lizardStar-lizard Posts: 347
    Trinity
    Thank you 
    Trinity
    If anyone want's to try the new 0.80 version to help test it a bit before release let me know.
    Art3mis
    If anyone want's to try the new 0.80 version to help test it a bit before release let me know.
    Happy to give it a go! 
    Art3mis
    Hey great app , I have one question, do the settings in this app override the  in game settings. For example if ss is set to 1.1 in app and ss is set to 1.25 in game what setting is being used 
    Be a little careful with this... in some cases it would appear the affects actually multiply. It depends how the developer has implemented it. In some cases they may have increased the resolution manually and then you are artificially inflating that again. I tend to run the game and if it has inbuilt SS I create a profile telling OTT not to do anything with SS. 
  • Replicant77Replicant77 Posts: 39
    NerveGear
    Is there a list of games/apps that have built in SS so we can set it to 0 in OTT and those that dont, so can can create a profile for them? Maybe a running list attached to the first post.