Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.17 (Public Test Channel) Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion

FEATURES:

• Oculus Library:

• You can
      now see detailed release notes for recent app updates, including the Oculus
      system software, from the Updates screen in Library.

• You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus
      software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.

• Mixed Reality Capture:
    Further improvements to the calibration tool.

BUG FIXES:

• Fixed an issue where
    reconnecting the Rift headset wouldn't fully restore functionality after being
    disconnected.
  • Fixed an issue with lens
    slider settings not being respected in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue with the
    floor shifting while you're in VR.
  • Miscellaneous performance
    improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

damn posted in wrong thread so pasting here too (the right thread)

1 thing i DONT like... the drop down option for uninstalled games is now
gone, its instead part of a filter for your entire library... which is a
step back imo.

now i have added my steam games i will have probably 60 installed  titles in my home library.
having uninstalled as an entirely separate list is better imo as they stand out more..

I don't know - I kind of like the new look. It's still has the right click uninstall and now you have a filter to hide the games you did uninstall. It's a nice little feature for monitoring what I had in the past and what the kids downloaded and uninstall as well.

Oh nvm I see what you mean now - agree I think having it as another list would be a good thing as well. Something you can toggle between uninstall and install games would be a good thing to have.

One thing I like to maybe add to a future update is the ability to reset in game settings from the Oculus Store as a menu option so if a game is stuck or needs to be fix - it can be from the Oculus Store before starting it in VR.

m3gatron
Explorer

FEATURES:

• Oculus Library:

• You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus
      software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.

This is stupid. Why can it not be undone? I added Rez infinite and for some reason it added 2 icons. So I removed one. And the other icon wouldn't work, so I removed that one to try to readd it and now it won't let me readd it?

The fact that it can't be undone is really stupid. What is the point of having it in the first place?

I know I am coming off as bitter. I mean, I'm truly not, love that you added this feature, but just super annoyed atm that it can't be undone when it makes no logical sense.

Micro666
Expert Protege
I never noticed any issue with the horizon or any horizontal slant before, until the latest 1.17. Specifically I'm on 1.17.0.424527 beta.

I've calibrated the sensors, and guardian system a number of times, and right now I can see a very slight horizontal slant, where any horizontal straight lines e.g. in Oculus Home, slant every so slightly to the left and down.

Anyone else notice this?

cybereality
Grand Champion

m3gatron said:
The fact that it can't be undone is really stupid. What is the point of having it in the first place?

I don't believe it's intentional and hopefully the feature can be completed in the future. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MrDood12
Expert Protege
new update? demo mode has returned?
had a driver update with the update as well! 
yp8jngnvcdzf.png
m4v43vtovvd3.png

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege
Is it safe to try Demo Mode this time around..? Haha.