cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defense Grid 2 locked chapters

Pantalaimon
Explorer
I purchased this game end of last year, and today I started up the game after a long while. It saved my progress halfway chapter 2, but now it tells me I have to purchase (again) to unlock chapter 2 (and up) before I can continue ?! I'm obviously not paying twice for this game 🙂

Is this because the game is free to try at the moment and it gets all confused for the already existing paying customer?
Please advice.

7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I saw that it was free earlier today, and wondered what they might do to monetize it. I heard that it was "free to try", but I don't see anything about that mentioned on the store page. I bought it for full price last year but haven't played it, so I'll be pissed off if I find myself locked on the wrong side of a paywall.

Edit: "Free to try" info is now showing on store page (wasn't there when I looked earlier). I hope they've accounted for people who already paid for the full game...

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Netriak
Honored Guest
Same problem here.

reeces11
Honored Guest
Hi! I'm one of the Producers at Hidden Path Entertainment.
We are working with the Oculus team to resolve the issues ASAP!

Producer
Hidden Path Entertainment

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Thanks for the update!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

cybereality
Grand Champion
Really sorry for the inconvenience. I was told the issue should be resolved, and you should have access to the game. If there is any further issue, or if you still don't have access, please send me a private message and I can assist. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pantalaimon
Explorer
It seems the issue has been resolved. Thanks for your support!

sigalph
Honored Guest
Here it is 2019 and the same problem is occurring. Bought game through Oculus store in summer sale. Played through first chapter, asks for more money to unlock rest. I didn’t pay for one “free” chapter.