New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Bundle Disappointment

OldGamerGittOldGamerGitt Posts: 28
Brain Burst
Am really disappointed that the £399 Bundle DOES NOT INCLUDE the Oculus Remote OR the WIRLESS XBOX CONTROLLER as all you official videos say they are included!

Why didn't you warn your consumers?

Not impressed OCULUS, not impressed at all :s :s

Comments

• madamluckmadamluck Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    how does this fall on oculus if YOU didn't research before you bought? If you did you would have read about the Change in the bundle
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,657 Valuable Player
    If you ordered early while the old stock was in you got the controller.
    Once they ran put of the old stock they started sending the repackaged boxes.
    That was the communication they sent out since the beginning.
    WAAAGH!
  • OldGamerGittOldGamerGitt Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    madamluck said:
    how does this fall on oculus if YOU didn't research before you bought? If you did you would have read about the Change in the bundle

I checked the oculus website, clicked the "learn more" button and read what it said!

Where did you see the change of bundle?   
  • R0landR0land Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    Not sure why people feel the need to hammer on you. 

It wasn't obviously clear which package you would get.  There was a period where different people in different regions were getting different packages at the same time.  Their big splash sales page did not make it obvious.  I did find out via reading their forums etc while I was waiting for it but that should not be an expectation of the average consumer.

For me this isn't a big issue but if someone really wanted those components it could be upsetting.  They should have been more clear as to what individuals were getting.

• madamluckmadamluck Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    I didn't buy mine from this current sale so I don't know what all was/is mentioned on the oculus store but the change had been mentioned here on the forums as well as others. A quick google search also would have shown you about the new bundle. I always research more than one source before buying anything so I know exactly what I'm buying
  • OldGamerGittOldGamerGitt Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    R0land said:
    Not sure why people feel the need to hammer on you. 

It wasn't obviously clear which package you would get.  There was a period where different people in different regions were getting different packages at the same time.  Their big splash sales page did not make it obvious.  I did find out via reading their forums etc while I was waiting for it but that should not be an expectation of the average consumer.

For me this isn't a big issue but if someone really wanted those components it could be upsetting.  They should have been more clear as to what individuals were getting.

Am in the UK, so could explain why i got a different package.

Thank you all for your responses

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    From the first moment this was announced everyone was discussing the change in packages.
    The bottom line you are missing a game controller that runs out every 5 min as it eats batterys or simply is always turning itself off and seems better then it is and a remote that you use literally in setup

mine are in the box never touch ever. Get a decent gamepad and you will already be better off and so much cheaper then we all paid

There is no need to be disappointed.
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731
    3Jane
    While some gamepad games and experiences have been updated to make use of Touch, I'm sure there are still some older ones that haven't, although I don't know what that current list is. Just be aware of the device input required before purchasing anything.
  • NiseiNisei Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    vannagirl said:
    The bottom line you are missing a game controller that runs out every 5 min as it eats batterys or simply is always turning itself off and seems better then it is and a remote that you use literally in setup.
    Mine are in the box never touch ever.
    Great, so you don't like/need/want them and topic starter does like/need/want them.
    Send them to him for postage fee and everybody's happy.

Next please!
  • DieslowDieslow Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Maybe she is just trying to cheer him up you know ! ;)
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    Dielow said:
    Maybe she is just trying to cheer him up you know ! ;)
    /Thread  <3
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 507
    Neo
    edited August 2017
    The previous bundle I purchased for $865 AUD and the current bundle is cheaper exactly beacause of the removal of Xbox and remote plus the cost of the extra packaging. Have fun with your awesome rift :) and free included games and apps ! 
  • DeathcrimsonDeathcrimson Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    I had the one with two separate boxes. First box had the Head unit, Xbox One Controller, Xbox One wireless dongle, Rockband adapter and remote control. Second box was the touch controllers and sensor which also came with EVE for free. I went to BestBuy in store to get mine 2 weeks ago and loving it. I got a free Xbox One controller, Rockband adapter, and remote control for free can you believe it? So glad I went in store to get one too. for $399.99 plus tax
  • Alien_PhotonsAlien_Photons Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Am really disappointed that the £399 Bundle DOES NOT INCLUDE the Oculus Remote OR the WIRLESS XBOX CONTROLLER as all you official videos say they are included!

Why didn't you warn your consumers?

Not impressed OCULUS, not impressed at all :s :s
    On the rift+touch option on the page

https://www.oculus.com/rift/

The contents is as it says as far as I can see. Says rift, touch and two sensors.
  • edfooedfoo Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    When did you order your bundle and what did the bundle say is included at the time of order?