cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Sensor not detecting

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
I had a two sensor setup working flawlessly and when I left for vacation for 6 days, I come back with some problems. It seems that one of my sensors is not reading. I had a USB extension on that one, and I tried it without the extension, and it still doesn't read. One of them reads perfectly in every USB slot on my computer but the other doesn't. I can do 1 sensor setup perfectly. It's not showing up at all. Not saying if a USB isn't compatible, not no loading circle thing, no X. Just nothing. 
17 REPLIES 17

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
Update: I've tried everything. I've even reset my entire computer and re installed windows and still nothing. I think the sensor may be broken but it doesn't make any sense because since the second I last used it, it hasn't been dropped, or even moved an inch. It doesn't detect anything is being inserted into my computer. It may be a cord problem but the cord is attached to the sensor so I don't want to buy an entirely new sensor just for a faulty cord.

MostHated_
Explorer
I am right there with you, I have the same problem. The sensor that came with the headset works fine, but the second one that came with the controllers does not work. It worked fine for 3 days and then now will not work at all. It has been 2 weeks of an open ticket and Oculus finally said they were going to send me a replacement sensor but who knows when it will get here. It has been nearly 3 weeks I have owned this and have only for to use it for a total of like 3 hours.I tried removing my extension, I tried every usb port, I even reinstalled and went from windows 7 to windows 10, I tried another PC, the second sensor just will not work.

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
Yeah the same sensor isn't working for me. It seems like we have the same exact situation. I opened a ticket today and I hope it doesn't take that long, but also I know that they won't tell me that they'll just send one because they don't have my address or anything so I'll have to have a conversation through support tickets and that is never fast. 

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
I got a ticket reply already but it's kinda assuming that I am getting an error message and it's detecting just not working. I hope they'll be able to send me a replacement though.

MostHated_
Explorer
I hate to say, it took me over 2 weeks of going back and forth with support to simply get my return postage sent to me, then they said once they get it, its another 7-10 days after they check it in which you get another one. i am just going to temporarily buy one on amazon with prime so I can use it for a while, while I wait for my replacement.

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
7-10 days to check absolutely nothing? That's horrible. I have some patience for it since I am busy going travelling to NY and stuff but that's still annoying. I guess I'll find some cheap/free sitting games 

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
-

TylerMaillet
Honored Guest
-

skyraze
Sightseer
same issue here. I tried everything, nothing is working. i only have one. ONE port that the rift works on, and even then it says that it is having tracking issues. This was attached to an active USB extender THAT WAS RECOMMENDED BY OCULUS! I am starting to regret this purchase. I was saving up for a vive but was able to get this for cheap including a third sensor and everything. now I see why they lowered the price. Seems like they aren't even caring about their own product any more. I opened a ticket with them today, if i dont get a response here soon, i'm done with oculus. too many problems occurring with no one wanting to help fix it.