New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Touch sitting mode

technocat74technocat74 Posts: 4
NerveGear
I'm trying to set this up so I can actually sit down on the couch and play elite dangerous (or any other game I don't want to use the touch controllers for).
When I run setup it always does the guardian system and room scaling, I thought it may be because I had the 2 sensors plugged in so tried to set up with only 1 in front of me but it detects that the sensor isn't present and wont let me finish setup.

Am I missing something? I don't want to stand and have room scale I'd like to be able to just sit down......

Any help?

Hope this makes sense.

Comments

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 301
    Trinity
    mmmm...just sit down and play?
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • technocat74technocat74 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    that doesn't work because the blue border around where the guardian system was set. interferes with vision.....if i just sit down in elite dangerous you can imagine it messes up and I'm sitting in space outside my craft....
  • DraftoDrafto Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Have both sensors set up the way you want it, then every time you want to sit at your desk - turn off the guardian system. 

When I'm changing to sitting play - I usually redo the sensor setup but then skip the guardian section. Boom - no mesh in yo face!
  • xWandererxxWandererx Posts: 386
    Trinity
    I set my height at 4ft so I can play sitting down-mind u superhot wants me to stand whatever height I set lol
  • GoscheGosche Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    During sensor set-up, I sat down when the system asked me to stand, and I skipped the guardian set-up. Works for me :-)
  • technocat74technocat74 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Worked for me too, thanks :)
  • GoscheGosche Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Most welcome  :)
  • lord_of_shredlord_of_shred Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    In the Oculus Settings Menu (viewed in the HMD, selected by the button on the right touch controller) you can easily turn of the guardian system...I often use this while developing and checking while sitting at my desk.
  • lucifrostlucifrost Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Why not just shut off the guardian system?
  • limygeorgevrlimygeorgevr Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Just the thread I needed. Got the bundle (2x sensors and 2x touch hand cont.).
    I am lazy and hate standing. :s  Can't imagine doing it for my hobby, gaming, jeez relaxing is part of it IMHO!

NOT setup at all yet, but I want to use only sit down with touch for supported games, and xbox cont. for others.
    I hope I get it right!! May have to fiddle a bit, not expecting instant success, but really - I've been gaming for many years and never stood up to play. It's sitting 100% for me. (unless I'm blown away and don't mind short standing sessions. Would be a big change, and can't really imagine standing)

Thanks for some good tips here guys  :)
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,250
    Wintermute

I hope I get it right!! May have to fiddle a bit, not expecting instant success, but really - I've been gaming for many years and never stood up to play. It's sitting 100% for me.
    When you go through the setup process you do it standing up. After that it makes no difference whether you stand, sit or crouch as long as your sensors can see the headset and the controllers.
    No need to over think it, just follow the step by step guide.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • limygeorgevrlimygeorgevr Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:

I hope I get it right!! May have to fiddle a bit, not expecting instant success, but really - I've been gaming for many years and never stood up to play. It's sitting 100% for me.
    When you go through the setup process you do it standing up. After that it makes no difference whether you stand, sit or crouch as long as your sensors can see the headset and the controllers.
    No need to over think it, just follow the step by step guide.

This is very clear good advice which I will follow. I know similar comments have already been posted, but yours addresses this directly.
    Not "over think," it is something I wil remember. Thanks again. Very helpful!!  :)