Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home? - Page 6 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

Comments

• FirfFirf Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited March 2017
    Does that also apply to my GTX1070? Does your response mean it will even if overclocked i7 is not on the Oculus reference table (whatever uses flag need for notice)? And that, based on this response, Ocukus is aware of concern overall?  Is there a plan to allow users to acknowledge and remove the message in general, particularly in light of the articles and write-ups about the purpose of Asynchronous Time Warp?

• AdKiuCMAdKiuCM Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    Seriously, it's been a year and this thing still annoys. How difficult it is to allow for example disabling it after 7 days from installation or 2h of use or something like this. Simple tick box in Oculus home preferences for users freedom. I understand it from PR point of view you wanted it in the demo kits etc. However for a private user should be customisable. 
  • SpyderCanopusSpyderCanopus Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    I'm running on a Xeon that is well qualified and plays VR perfectly well.... but I get the same error.

I imagine they just have a list of CPU IDs and Xeon's aren't on it.
    Core Components: Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2  /  Intel S1200BTL mainboard  /  Intel 730 240GB SSD  /  EVGA GTX 1080  /  Inateck KTU3FR-4P  /  16GB DDR3  /  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  /  Rift CV1  /  Touch
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Im upgrading, this message is tue primary reason ;)
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    I just had to check the message is still there, I had gone blind to it.

Its still there and I still don't care.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • SoCalBeachRunnerSoCalBeachRunner Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Lawyers and Marketers nagging us to re-buy something because they're not satisfied that we're satisfied.
  • soulfiremagesoulfiremage Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    The designer of the benchmark software was being idiotic.

I bought the Touch the other day to go with the Rift. i7 2600k, 16gb ram, 1080GTX are my specs.

Nothing runs lower than 89.99  fps so far. 

Oculus are putting potential buyers off because they may have a similar cpu setup and merely need an up to date card and possibly USB ports. So card plus oculus is what, £1000 ish? If you listen to Oculus, forget that, try £2000+.

Hope the devs look through this thread someday and rewrite the bench mark tool to work directly on people's systems and NOT via static cpu lists.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Seeing as i no longer get this message i think it should pop up ingame every 30 seconds to remind people to upgrade 
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • NuttleStuffNuttleStuff Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 2017
    I agree there should definitely be a toggle. Currently have the i7-3770S, which has plenty of processing power, along with GTX970 & 16gb ram. I'm considering upgrading my graphics card to the 1080 Founders Edition and it's ridiculous that I will still have to look at this misleading warning. It's obviously annoying for enough of us.

Just came across this link: 

I haven't tried it yet but it looks promising so I figured i'd share. Now to see if this solves the issue.
  • FilthyPixieFilthyPixie Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1  

Devs, please let us turn this super annoying message off.
  • danmilla4rilladanmilla4rilla Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    1+ year after release, and still can't disable message, should be a simple fix, yet oculus still don't care :disappointed:
  • CitricCitric Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    please fix this its annoy as hell and my pc is definitely up to standard
  • Alex_ATAlex_AT Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Just remove this crappy message already. AMD FX8370 / 32G RAM and R290X is more than enough to run safely.
  • JustosJustos Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    +1 for removing this message. I have an imac with amd pro 580 and an intel 7600k cpu runnning bootcamp that plays everything at a solid 90fps with 3 sensors. Its really illogical to create software knowing you will have to come back and edit it again and again. It should be performance based.
  • TamagotchiiTamagotchii Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Its so weird I had a 970 it had not problems, I upgrade to a 1080 and now im constantly getting this message its driving me nuts
  • karlz28karlz28 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Justos said:
    +1 for removing this message. I have an imac with amd pro 580 and an intel 7600k cpu runnning bootcamp that plays everything at a solid 90fps with 3 sensors. Its really illogical to create software knowing you will have to come back and edit it again and again. It should be performance based.
    Me too, it does not recognize our graphics card, which is a Radeon RX580,  which is in their list, but since our HDMI, comes out of thunderbolt 3 Display port,  it does not think we have a video card....    Please let us remove the stupid warning....
  • SinisterDexterSinisterDexter Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    TwoHedWlf said:

This has definitely gotten to the point it's more trouble than it's worth to get rid of a little message that does no harm beyond wounding the  delicate egos of people who get upset at being told their PC doesn't match a compatibility list. :)
    Delicate egos lol. Such hubris.

No, it's a case of Steam/HTC making Oculus looking amateurish by properly benchmarking systems to assess their VR readiness rather than just checking components against a list, regardless of real-world performance. If Oculus really can't get it together to provide a proper benchmarking tool that's available before purchase then they should nag once that "hardware may not perform adequately" and point to the SteamVR assessment tool for further testing. Repeatedly nagging after purchase/installation serves no purpose whatsoever other than to annoy users and make them wish they'd saved a little harder for a Vive, something from a company that actually understands gamers rather than a product from some subsidiary of a social networking site.
  • 1point21jiggawattz1point21jiggawattz Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    Apparently the Oculus Tray Tool can disable this message for people getting it about their CPU. 
    Hey, I have a signature. 
    NerveGear
    Too bad nobody from Oculus reads these....I guess I will buy a vive, and dump oculus if they can’t fix this, Our Macs run this VR perfectly, but this screen nag sucks..  It’s too stupid to see our video cards.....
    NerveGear
    edited November 2017
    I sent a message to support,  they said here is a link of other computers to buy.   I guess they do not even read the tech questions, when the 2017 Apple iMac has all the hardware required...
    I guess facebook is more concerned at selling other computers, than to recognize that new apple machines will run their device with no issues, other than than problem message...
  • vertexbreakersvertexbreakers Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    +1, dual xeon + 1080TI + 64Go Ram and computer does not meet recommendations ??, really ???
    NerveGear
    Guess I will not be a advocate for Oculus as I have been..... I guess I will buy no more software, since my experience may be affected....
    NerveGear
    Here is a good one,  Oculus does not think the RX 580 Pro is an accepted graphics card.   That is why this message is appearing,  go to HTC VIVE site,  and it says my 40GB of ram, my 4.5 GHZ I7 processor, and my Video card RX 580 is all checked as "your system will meet the minimum specifications of VIVE"   Guess if Oculus can't remove the message, I can remove the Oculus......
  • EychimoEychimo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Agreed, tired of this crap. I bought a Vive. People at Oculus are more interested in you buying a new computer through them then fixing something that does nothing but annoy. I have told and showed every one what a piece of work Oculus is. You have not sold 1 rift from my recommendations. Congrats. 
  • FroggoVGFroggoVG Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same situation here.  2018 and still no check box to disable this message.  Sent feedback with no response from Oculus.  I don't mind seeing this once.  I DO mind seeing this until I buy a competing product.
  • red6ft10red6ft10 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the Same message and I am using a Xeon X5670 overclocked to 4.2GHz with a GTX 1060 6GB and 40GB RAM. So stupid that they don't make a fix for this.  I have 6 cores and 12 threads! 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,692
    3Jane
    I complained enough at this. Plus the daft SSE4.2 check is known to still not need to be ran as a prerequisite to the Runtime Installers since 1.3 and there is sufficient proof of XEON QUAD DUO 3GHz running VR perfect enough. If the DebugTool can rid this then so too can Oculus Home. I am aware that they can't include a Disable ASW Switch (bollcks they can't if Debug can then Home can do it!!!")
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,692
    3Jane
    edited October 2018
    Almost 2019 already. Is there a hack to turn this off in VR or can devs listen at long last and add a switch?
    It's only in DASH as I disable Home2 to run via Homeless Hack but it hid the instructions on the Experiment Menus and so made DASH pointless until I seen the switch for Pull Out Window (should not be labelled Tab).
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,233 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Almost 2019 already. Is there a hack to turn this off in VR or can devs listen at long last and add a switch?
    It's only in DASH as I disable Home2 to run via Homeless Hack but it hid the instructions on the Experiment Menus and so made DASH pointless until I seen the switch for Pull Out Window (should not be labelled Tab).
    I thought this turned it off:

• FroggoVGFroggoVG Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    TwoHedWlf said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    I thought this turned it off:

Nope.  Just confirmed this does not turn it off.  If anything the latest Oculus software makes the annoying message WORSE by forcing it to be viewable right next to the toolbar at the bottom.  Sent a forth support message which will be ignored like the rest.  Inexcusable.