New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• baggygbaggyg Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    To get us started: 
    Chronos
    Arizona Sunrise
    Eleven

All have inbuilt resolution alterations
  • MrDeath_MrDeath_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    If anyone want's to try the new 0.80 version to help test it a bit before release let me know.
    i wouldn't mind!
  • Star-lizardStar-lizard Posts: 341
    Trinity
    If anyone want's to try the new 0.80 version to help test it a bit before release let me know.

Sure I don't mind helping but I'm just starting out and I don't know how much the I'll have this week to be in games this week 

• WhiteVulpineWhiteVulpine Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR
    I started using TrayTool with Admin Privileges yesterday. I am having trouble getting CPU spoof to work. 
  • sherpa25sherpa25 Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    baggyg said:
    To get us started: 
    Chronos
    Arizona Sunrise
    Eleven

Assetto Corsa.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,770 Valuable Player
    Is there a list of games/apps that have built in SS so we can set it to 0 in OTT and those that dont, so can can create a profile for them? Maybe a running list attached to the first post.

Ok maybe dumb question on my part.
    If one does not set a SS value in OTT, it uses zero anyway right? And I know which games I run have a value that can be set within the game GUI already, as the first thing I do after installing a new game is to go in and set my graphics in the game GUI anyway. 

So when I set up a profile in OTT for my new game, I know this in advance and either set a value for SS or do not based on what I have set up within the game itself.

So what am I missing here in regards to needing a list of games? I would imagine that could get very lengthy?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Hiro Protagonist
    dburne said:
    Is there a list of games/apps that have built in SS so we can set it to 0 in OTT and those that dont, so can can create a profile for them? Maybe a running list attached to the first post.

Ok maybe dumb question on my part.
    If one does not set a SS value in OTT, it uses zero anyway right? And I know which games I run have a value that can be set within the game GUI already, as the first thing I do after installing a new game is to go in and set my graphics in the game GUI anyway. 

So when I set up a profile in OTT for my new game, I know this in advance and either set a value for SS or do not based on what I have set up within the game itself.

So what am I missing here in regards to needing a list of games? I would imagine that could get very lengthy?
    In some way, that's correct.  In my case, I have a profile set so that I can control ASW and use the Overlay HUDs when I want to.  Otherwise, its not really needed.
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    sherpa25 said:
    baggyg said:
    To get us started: 
    Chronos
    Arizona Sunrise
    Eleven

Assetto Corsa.
    @sherpa25 - Assetto Corsa has in-game SS settings?? Where's this. I've been using OTT for this. If it's in-game I better check it in case it's doubling up.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sitruz said:
    sherpa25 said:
    baggyg said:
    To get us started: 
    Chronos
    Arizona Sunrise
    Eleven

Assetto Corsa.
    @sherpa25 - Assetto Corsa has in-game SS settings?? Where's this. I've been using OTT for this. If it's in-game I better check it in case it's doubling up.
    Oculus.ini, you set PPD value in there.
  • migotmigot Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Hello,

I have a question. What is performance head room? I have a 1080ti gpu and i see wierd thing. When i play on normal SS my performance headroom is +- 60% etc. but when i change ss to 2.0 it drops to 10:20%... the game is defense grid 2
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    migot said:
    Hello,

I have a question. What is performance head room? I have a 1080ti gpu and i see wierd thing. When i play on normal SS my performance headroom is +- 60% etc. but when i change ss to 2.0 it drops to 10:20%... the game is defense grid 2
    That is not weird at all. Its like quadrupling your resolution and AA thereby eating up many more system resources. In a normal gaming environment FPS would take a big hit and the same can be expected of taking SS to 2.0 and to the extreme. Performance overhead will shrink if not drop below 0 entirely depending on the game.
    NerveGear
    so it means that i should set my ss below 2.0 in that game ? How many % of performance head room do i need to play ultra smooth wiht no drops below 90 fps ? i thought t hat 1080 ti (aorus xtreme) is strong enough to play max settings in VR
  • Replicant77Replicant77 Posts: 39
    NerveGear

possible for the info overlays to be smaller, or move to a corner? right now they are big and in the center, so hard to look at changes when comparing.

Hiro Protagonist
    migot said:
    so it means that i should set my ss below 2.0 in that game ? How many % of performance head room do i need to play ultra smooth wiht no drops below 90 fps ? i thought t hat 1080 ti (aorus xtreme) is strong enough to play max settings in VR
    Many factors involved, PC and game, you'll have to play around with the settings and find your preferred balance with FPS dipping/rising as the game goes on.
    Hiro Protagonist

possible for the info overlays to be smaller, or move to a corner? right now they are big and in the center, so hard to look at changes when comparing.

Requested this already a few pages back, ApollyonVR said it's quite difficult.
  • Marantz69Marantz69 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I will be more than happy to help :)
  • ZoggersGuestZoggersGuest Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Just want to add to previous reports that with one profile the WMI provider is using 2-3% permanently. With three profiles it was at 10% permanently and causing significant stutter. Seemingly on a periodic basis e.g. once per second. Have removed my profiles and it doesn't use any notable amount.

Win 10
    16gb ram
    Gigabyte Z97x gaming 5

Not sure if there's anything I can provide to help you diagnose this

Edit: Ugh posted on the wrong account!
    NerveGear
    Ok but low % of performance head room means low fps ? 
  • NeilTheNamelessNeilTheNameless Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    I set SS to 0 (default) and 1.5 and could see no difference in the GPU workload (or visually in the headset). I tried this on 2-3 different titles...

I even told the utilit to restart the service, and I even manually closed/open Oculus.
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    migot said:
    Ok but low % of performance head room means low fps ? 
    I was trying to compare it to normal PC games where with the increase of graphic requirements leads to lowering FPS.
    With VR the increase of SS is and increase of graphic requirements and leads to a reduction or complete removal of performance headroom. Yes you may have a top of the range card but that does not mean that it can manage to do everything and anything.
    Try lowering SS and see performance headroom increase - and and possible lagging/warping decrease - depending on game obviously.
    Some googleing also wouldn't hurt... ;) Could see that the general consensus is that SS 1.5 is more than sufficient. SS at 2 is blatant overkill cause you most probably will not notice the difference between 1.5 and 2.
    Art3mis
    I set SS to 0 (default) and 1.5 and could see no difference in the GPU workload (or visually in the headset). I tried this on 2-3 different titles...

I even told the utilit to restart the service, and I even manually closed/open Oculus.
    What game is this? Often I find it doesn't pick up if from a profile... 

You have to set the global setting in OTT. Check via the pixel density overlay. Some games may not support it at all. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sitruz said:
    sherpa25 said:
    baggyg said:
    To get us started: 
    Chronos
    Arizona Sunrise
    Eleven

Assetto Corsa.
    Oculus.ini, you set the PPD value in there.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sitruz said:
    sherpa25 said:
    baggyg said:
    To get us started: 
    Chronos
    Arizona Sunrise
    Eleven

Assetto Corsa.
    Oculus.ini, you set the PPD value in there.
    Art3mis
    Hey great app , I have one question, do the settings in this app override the  in game settings. For example if ss is set to 1.1 in app and ss is set to 1.25 in game what setting is being used 
    Be a little careful with this... in some cases it would appear the affects actually multiply. It depends how the developer has implemented it. In some cases they may have increased the resolution manually and then you are artificially inflating that again. I tend to run the game and if it has inbuilt SS I create a profile telling OTT not to do anything with SS. 
    Art3mis
    Hey great app , I have one question, do the settings in this app override the  in game settings. For example if ss is set to 1.1 in app and ss is set to 1.25 in game what setting is being used 
    Be a little careful with this... in some cases it would appear the affects actually multiply. It depends how the developer has implemented it. In some cases they may have increased the resolution manually and then you are artificially inflating that again. I tend to run the game and if it has inbuilt SS I create a profile telling OTT not to do anything with SS. 
  • mclizenmclizen Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Hi! 2 things with tool.

1. What does it means in the tool when i select "Pixel Density" display, its says: High Quality : off ?
    2. Every time I start this app the sensors gets a warning (and the mouse get super slow). Its says poor tracking quality (-8609)
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 378
    Trinity
    High quality shouldnonly be off in Home. In games you should see it change. But i guess that is up to the developer of the game. 
    Never heard if this issue before to be honest. Does it happen even without any profiles and even if you set super sampling to 0?
    NerveGear
    High quality shouldnonly be off in Home. In games you should see it change. But i guess that is up to the developer of the game. 
    Never heard if this issue before to be honest. Does it happen even without any profiles and even if you set super sampling to 0?
    Ok! Was in home so will check it in a game. SS is 150. Gonna try it later, its a mess when sensors crashes. Much work to get them online again. Thanx (Asus X99-A, i5930K, 32ram, Nvidia 1080ti, W10/64)
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 378
    Trinity
    SS 150? Do you mean 1.5?
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Yes, 1.5. Used to iracing where its 150...lol