cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left thumb and right index finger not working!!

Drafto
Explorer
I know there's a growing number of people having capacitive touch sensors issues, and usually the same finger/controller. So this issue needs to be more recognised by support as I'm not getting anything useful so far... 

To put in short (ish) - my thumb and finger are not working as they should. I have two sensors (360 setup) and ordered another sensor to see if that will fix it. If I play Dead & Buried, everything works just fine. If I do the touch tutorial, I can see if picks up my left thumb when I hover over other buttons, but unable to complete the tutorial as it wont lift the thumb. 

So why would it work on a game but not work on anything else? Is this then a software issue with Oculus Home? Hardware issue would mean it wouldn't work on anything, which I'd prefer to be the case as I can easily set up a RMA. 

I have tried all fixes that people have listed on here/reddit (thanks guys), the only thing I haven't tried is a full reinstall of Windows. 

Guess I'll just fist bump VR buttons for now... 

24 REPLIES 24

e_dilbert
Protege
i agree, this is only a fix for those who have no other option considered.

TehJumpingJawa
Expert Protege

Please don't attempt to repair the device yourself, as that will void the warranty. If you are having an issue, please contact us first. We may be able to help or offer replacement. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com

Is that an acknowledgement that support will actually *do* something about this issue now that it's been investigated *by a customer* (at the expense of their warranty), and demonstrated to be a hardware fault / design flaw?
My report of this issue was delayed and fobbed off multiple times with pointless requests and inane suggestions.

Drafto
Explorer

Please don't attempt to repair the device yourself, as that will void the warranty. If you are having an issue, please contact us first. We may be able to help or offer replacement. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com

Is that an acknowledgement that support will actually *do* something about this issue now that it's been investigated *by a customer* (at the expense of their warranty), and demonstrated to be a hardware fault / design flaw?
My report of this issue was delayed and fobbed off multiple times with pointless requests and inane suggestions.

I'm with Jawa, support was poor and I really don't want to go through another month of emails before things can be sent off to replace. I'm sending them off now but if these go bad again (which I've seen others have had happen) I might have to sort out things myself. 

I'd rather fix it myself and have a working controller for a good while than have to return touch controllers every second month. Hopefully none of this will happen when I get the new ones in. 

KingNeekVR
Protege
I did a quick test with linking a copper wire from the sensor pad to the contact switch but somehow it still didn't work for me. To be honest, I've been seeing multiple cases of people getting replacements but still having the same issues. My right controller works perfectly most of the time but sometimes it would still not allow me to do gestures upon booting up my PC and Oculus Rift. So I had to somehow re-setup everything to get it to work after some time.The left controller is the one that rarely allows me to do thumbs up.

I did a test on Robo Recall by the way. You can only teleport after lifting your thumb off the stick. My left touch controller has the thumb animation stuck on it but it would still allow me to teleport after I lift up my thumb IRL. Tried it on my right controller (Which has no issue) and not lifting my thumb up would not allow me to teleport. So the left capacitor seems to work but it's just not animating correctly!

I'm truly hoping it is some software issues or conlicts. Are there any specific drivers for the Oculus Touch installed on the PC which allows us to reinstall or something?

WattledMirror28
Honored Guest
This solution worked for me:
  1. Close Oculus Client
  2. Open Windows file explorer and select the option "Show hidden files"
  3. Go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Oculus\TouchCalibration
  4. if you have problems with the Left controller, open the .LTOUCH file
  5. if you have problems with the Right controller, open the .RTOUCH file
  6. Open the file with notepad
  7. search for the chain "CapSenseMin" (it will be followed by a set of 8 number separated by commas), modify the second number (Example: 31182, change it to 31185)
  8. Search for the chain "CapSenseTouch"  ((it will be followed by a set of 8 number separated by commas). The second number applies to the thumb, while the third number applies to the index. modify the second number (Example: 31182, change it to 31185) and do the same with the third
  9. Save and close the file
  10. Restart Oculus Client
Just wanted to share it here.

Source: https://www.windowscentral.com/oculus-touch-troubleshooting-guide#gestures