cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technolust Update: Bugs

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If anyone encounters any Bugs with the new Technolust Touch update, feel free to share them here.

I just got out of the Subway and walked up to the first Terminal that broadcasts the Ad for Needful Things. This terminal is in front of an area where a large craft flies up in to the sky the moment you arrive.

After walking forward a bit I fell through the game World, and this is all I see:

77y9sfhdmq2w.jpg
16 REPLIES 16

cybernettr
Superstar
Is this a bug? When you go out to the Mars surface and everything turns yellow and you hear from Orion (?), on my first playing of the game, I thought it then took you back inside the base, but now on my current playthrough I seem to be stuck outside forever. The door to the base will no longer open. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Is this a bug? When you go out to the Mars surface and everything turns yellow and you hear from Orion (?), on my first playing of the game, I thought it then took you back inside the base, but now on my current playthrough I seem to be stuck outside forever. The door to the base will no longer open. 

Oh wow. Another bug then!

Yes it should port you back in automatically.

aaornrylow
Explorer

Zenbane said:

Has this been resolved / is there a workaround? I'd really like to complete the game...

Tankren
Honored Guest
Just bought the game and when I start the game it takes me straight to the credits.  I cant leave them and they keep repeating.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Tankren said:

Just bought the game and when I start the game it takes me straight to the credits.  I cant leave them and they keep repeating.

The game does start with the credits rolling. But I think you just hit any button and it takes you to the start of the game. Are you using the Xbox controller or Touch?

Zenbane said:

Has this been resolved / is there a workaround? I'd really like to complete the game...

I recently beat the game again (one full playthrough), and I encountered zero bugs. I'm going to try to beat it again with the current saved game (beating it once changes certain things to allow for multiple playthroughs). I'll update this thread if I encounter any issues.

merano2
Explorer
The game is amazing. I hat two bugs, contacted the devs, had very nice contact, and he patched the bugs one day later so I could continue 😄

Pic0o
Protege
Pardon the bump, but I'm having a hard time finding info on a save game issue.  Each time I load the game it starts at the intro.  I shared this info in a steam thread, granted I am playing the Oculus store version.
It looks like my save file has a modified date last from Tuesday the
15th, despite my playing later in the week and saving at payphones (and
seeing it say saved on the map).
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\IRIS VIRTUAL REALITY\Technolust 0_9_9_9
is
where my save file is with a name of "save.txt". Viewing it seems to
be largely plain-text. I'll move it and see if the game making a new
copy resolves the save issue.

The contents of my save file look
accurate with areas I have been, but I'm confused why it fails to load.
It's almost like there is a borked character in the save file or
something. Here is line 01:
ý~Hilltop Score string

There are some registry values too. These appear to match from my game play.
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IRIS VIRTUAL REALITY\Technolust 0.9.9.9
I was curious if anyone else was having a save issue with the game.
Thank you.

Edit: Fix to stop intro loop:
I moved the flat save file and let the game make a new one.  New file does not have the ý at the start of file.  In-game saving also worked after doing this.  Registry still has my high scores from the arcade.  Game loads to teleport MURC menu instead of intro now 🙂