New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I come face to face with Pennywise from IT!!

VirtualRealityOasisVirtualRealityOasis Posts: 91
Hiro Protagonist

In this video I check out the IT: FLOAT VR experience. The VR Experience is better than other movie tie in experiences I've tried in the past such as Alien and Ghost In The Shell. 

If you want to avoid spoilers and try out the experience for yourself you can check it out here either in VR or on your desktop / mobile phone -

The best way to watch this using the Oculus Rift is to copy the link above and open Virtual Desktop. On the video tab paste the link in and wait for it to download. Once complete you can check out the experience in the Rift.

Have fun and remember, they all float down here :D
www.youtube.com/virtualrealityoasis

Comments

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,659 Valuable Player
    I Concur
    WAAAGH!
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    I like it, but will let my brother try it first :D
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • VirtualRealityOasisVirtualRealityOasis Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    NOPE NOPE NOPE
    Hahaha!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Percy1983 said:
    I like it, but will let my brother try it first :D 
    Good plan XD
  • shiarishiari Posts: 191
    Art3mis
    NOPE NOPE NOPE
    Exactly that!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,160 Valuable Player
    Not sure who the actor is but Tim Curry was MILES better. Still a good VR experience though!

I love scary games and films :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Tim Curry by himself no makeup or anything is scary enough.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Might have to re-watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show now I'm thinking about it. Hopefully @vannagirl  is going to be okay with me borrowing her underwear. :pB)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Might have to re-watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show now I'm thinking about it. Hopefully @vannagirl  is going to be okay with me borrowing her underwear. :pB)
    hahahaha

let me go get my car keys i brb
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,659 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    No Snow im not Oiling down and playing Rocky again!
    The buttered toast it sticks to the skin.
    WAAAGH!
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,596 Volunteer Moderator
    Clowns !!!! IT !!!!! I'm with cyber, fuck NOPE !!!!
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    Nobody on here can SERIOUSLY have a problem with clowns, surely? This forum is full of them! :D

• AndyW1384AndyW1384 Posts: 307
    Trinity
    snowdog said:
    Techy111 said:
    Nobody on here can SERIOUSLY have a problem with clowns, surely? This forum is full of them! :D
    That's the problem!  >:)
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 933
    3Jane
    I'm old enough to remember when most people considered clowns to be funny rather than scary...Emmett Kelly, Bozo etc.

Then, Hollywood.  :/
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited August 2017
    This movie is one of the reasons I hate clowns   :s
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    I'm old enough to remember when most people considered clowns to be funny rather than scary...Emmett Kelly, Bozo etc.

John Wayne Gacy probably didn't help matters either back in the day lol

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 933
    3Jane
    snowdog said:

John Wayne Gacy probably didn't help matters either back in the day lol
    Yeah. But one nut shouldn't be enough to smear a whole branch of entertainment.

(Hoping a famous VR developer doesn't turn out to be a mass murderer. Or how about someone goes around implanting a tiny gun into headsets? The moment you put one on...KABLOOOEY!)
    Wintermute

There is still funny clowns, there is just scary ones too.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
  • SharpfishSharpfish Posts: 1,303
    Neo
    gonna try this soon, a big fan of the Book, the first film was pretty crappy but this new film looks a lot better. I don't 'nope out' easily in VR anymore if it's something I'm really into. Clowns (killer or otherwise) don't scare me at all btw.

/prepares extra set of underpants just in case
    EX DK2, EX VIVE, EX PSVR, Currently RIFT CV1 | VR developer
    Poster of the week who never got a T-Shirt ;( dayum they looked tasty!
    For the true VR experience I find man nappies are very good ;)

Hiro Protagonist
    Haha love all the comments! Although I tried this, I don't think I could bare going to the cinema to see the film. At least with the VR experience no one could see my tears lol :smiley:
    Wintermute
    Whats the best way to get this into my oculus (preferably not streaming)?
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    the book scared the crap out of me as a kid; there is no way in hell I'm going to step into VR with that freaky-@rsed spiderclown!!!
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,633 Valuable Player
    I gave this a shot tonight using Virtual Desktop (the Steam VR version). The VR cinematic itself was very cool... but the imagery was all jacked up. The screen was displayed in dual vision, top and bottom. So I could see the same thing if I looked up or if I looked down. While if I looked straight ahead I saw pure fishbowl distortion.

I looked down at the bottom image mostly, but the immersion was totally gone. I want to try this again in something that works better for me.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    On Virtual Desktop did you have Over Under selected under 3D options?
    Wintermute
    I downloaded it from youtube and ran it in deo player with no issues (of course I selected the correct settings).
    I think you need to select Over Under and 360 degrees if I remember correctly.