cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo sudden poor performance

Delta1337
Honored Guest
Hi,

I've been greatly enjoying the game so far and had almost no problems, other than a crash when the giant ship appears.

However, today I loaded up Oculus and I had a notification that "Lone Echo had finished installing" ??

Now when I run the game, it's a bit laggy to start and also a few glitches while loading. Once in the game, its laggy as hell 😞

Anyone else experiencing this today? Maybe there was another patch rolled out that has caused the poor performance?

I was thinking of doing a re-install of the game but was worried I'd lose my save points, anyone know if I would?

Regards,
Rich

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I experience it too, not constant but sometimes...Specially when i charge my shield inside the Alien ship, it lags as hell...

Felyrion
Honored Guest
Same issue here, suddenly the game is hardly playable for me. Although i only have a GTX970, which might already be on the edge.
But a few days ago I was surprised how smooth everything was.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm noticing performance problems as well. It used to be smooth as butter. Now little skips in the visuals. 

ModestMonk
Honored Guest
I've got the 1080 and even on lowest settings it's giving me issues. No other game does. Definitely something on their end. Sucks because I just bought this game and all I've had were issues..

arby100
Honored Guest
As of this morning the game won't even open for me. So you're saying there was an update in the last couple of days?

Kemeros
Protege
It happened today after a few hours of play.

EnragedLamington
Honored Guest
Also experiencing this. I've got a 1070 and the stutters today made me feel ill. Also when charging in the alien ship it turns into a slide show.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also experiencing this. I've got a 1070 and the stutters today made me feel ill. Also when charging in the alien ship it turns into a slide show.

exactly the same problem with a 1080

Roaster
Rising Star

I've got the 1080 and even on lowest settings it's giving me issues. No other game does. Definitely something on their end. Sucks because I just bought this game and all I've had were issues..

I have a GTX980Ti and have no problems whatever so I'm not sure the software can be blamed.  If it runs smoothly for anyone the code must be ok?
I'm not sure how it works under the covers so maybe code-work can adapt to various systems better.
I think my CPU has 28 lanes (socket 2011) and I'm running 48Gb DDR4 ram. 
The only glitch I experienced was getting trapped in the spawning booth after a death and had to restart the game to get it to work.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu