cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware

RonEyal
Protege
if i have gtx 1060 6gb with i7 5500u with 8 gb ram and windows 10 laptop can i run vr (like super hot vr)
9 REPLIES 9

KingNeekVR
Protege
Seems feasible. You might have problem with USB bandwidth if you are going for 3 sensors though.

RonEyal
Protege
no its fine i have enough usb Connections i have 4 but the question is if it gtx 1060 and all what i rote work with the oculus rift

KingNeekVR
Protege

RonEyal said:

no its fine i have enough usb Connections i have 4 but the question is if it gtx 1060 and all what i rote work with the oculus rift

Sorry about that. Yes. GTX1060 is better than GTX970 (The recommended card for Oculus or Vive). So should be more than enough for you. Of course, provided you don't go crazy with quality settings (Supersampling etc).

RonEyal
Protege
but its dont do for me problem for play a game like super hot or robo recall it's not important that the quality is no the best but if it is work and i can play all the game in occulus rift so that fine for me 🙂

RonEyal
Protege
games*

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was an issue someone had not long ago with the HDMI port on their laptop not actually connecting to the graphics card in the laptop. If this is the case then it will certainly not work. Your best bet is to check if your particular laptop model is VR ready.

RonEyal
Protege
my HDMI work Excellent i just went to check if my laptop can run the oculust rift thats all

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not saying your HDMI port won't work, I'm saying that it might be coming from the motherboard instead of the graphics card. It's fairly common and worth finding out. The components you've described are sufficient to run VR but that doesn't mean their configuration within your laptop will allow it.

RonEyal
Protege
dont woryy 😛