cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo sudden poor performance

Delta1337
Honored Guest
Hi,

I've been greatly enjoying the game so far and had almost no problems, other than a crash when the giant ship appears.

However, today I loaded up Oculus and I had a notification that "Lone Echo had finished installing" ??

Now when I run the game, it's a bit laggy to start and also a few glitches while loading. Once in the game, its laggy as hell 😞

Anyone else experiencing this today? Maybe there was another patch rolled out that has caused the poor performance?

I was thinking of doing a re-install of the game but was worried I'd lose my save points, anyone know if I would?

Regards,
Rich

33 REPLIES 33

ostiaman80
Honored Guest
I have not experience any noticeable problem with the game however, I was playing with the the bugging  to check the performance of  my pc and I notice that the graph was always on the red, I did not experience any lag, however I could not figure out with my expects, my performance was soo low. I have a Origin PC Laptop with i7 7700K overclock, 32 GB of DDR 2400 and a GTX 1080 also overclock. Any thoughts

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer

Nacaryus said:

I experience it too, not constant but sometimes...Specially when i charge my shield inside the Alien ship, it lags as hell...

Yea same exact thing for me. You have to exit and reload the previous save. Sucks because you loose some progress but didn't rally mind because this game was amazing. I put over 9 hours into the main campaign and loved every minute 

kuhne
Explorer
Let me add my 2 cents!
I bought this game when it came out but only started playing it a couple of days ago, after all the new patches had been downloaded. I have a i7 4790k, a titan x pascal and 16gb ram.

The game starts out beautifully and when I get to the part where you need to troubleshoot some issues after an accident, at the beginning, restoring power to the oxygen garden, clearing up some radiation, etc. Whenever I do the oxygen garden part, the game goes to crap, it lags, the fps drop horrendously and it's pretty much unplayable.

If I start with another task first, say the radiation leak, everything works fine, until I do the oxygen garden part, then after I finish that part the game never runs smooth again, it stays like that. It's also glitch because if I go to settings and try to change the video settings it crashes back to windows, or if I go to a part where I need to run calibration again, (say the radiation shield) it crashes as well. 

I tried starting again and switching all the quality settings to low but this only seemed to make it worse, plus the performance isn't an issue anyways because the game was running perfectly and beautifully up to that point.

I have no point of comparison with previous versions because I hadn't played the game until a couple of days ago when the newest patch was already out, so I have no idea if this is patch related or if it's something on my end. 

I've done every trouble shooting I can, latest drivers, overclock, underclock (ram, cpu and gpu) and pretty much tried anything.

Every other game on my PC runs fine, so I am hoping it has something to do with the latest patch and a new patch will fix it soon, because up until that point, even if it was just a few minutes of gameplay, this was already one of my favorite rift games ever.

reptai
Honored Guest
I'd just like to add that im experiencing similar things, about two weeks ago it was running fine, now it's okay but stutters often, the sound skips sometimes, and just generally not as smooth. win10, i5 6600k, 16gb, 1070 here

Malreyn
Honored Guest
I don't know of this is related, but my game just totally crashes to desktop at a specific point every single time. I've a good ways into the game now, and this is the only time it's crashed. It's also the first time I've played since last weekend. So frustrating!! 16gb, core i5, gtx 1070. There shouldn't be any problems here.

Malreyn
Honored Guest
I don't know of this is related, but my game just totally crashes to desktop at a specific point every single time. I've a good ways into the game now, and this is the only time it's crashed. It's also the first time I've played since last weekend. So frustrating!!

kuhne
Explorer
Anyone knows if anything is being done about this? I don't know how to contact the developer and oculus is taking ages to respond. I am thinking about a refund but I would rather have it fixed

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Hi, everyone!

Sorry to hear about these performance issues you've been experiencing since our last Lone Echo update. I've got a few questions and suggestions for you to see if they might help improve the performance or at least help us narrow down the causes:
  • Have you attempted loading a previous save and progressing from there to see if there's any difference? From the main menu, you should have the option to select Continue, New Game, and Previous Save (I believe); give that a go and please let me know if that improves anything for you.
  • Additionally, are you getting a BugSplat pop-up after your game crashes? If so, please fill out that information with our Oculus username in one of the fields, as that can help us locate your crash log to dissect it. If you're not getting the BugSplat pop-up (and the game is crashing), please let me know.
  • Please make sure that all of your graphics drivers are updated (I'd avoid the beta drivers, for now, to be on the safe side). After you update your drivers with a clean installation, please restart your PC and then reboot Lone Echo and see if there's any difference.
    Nvidia Drivers: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us 
    AMD Drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
If any of the above changes what you're experiencing, that'd be great to know! Otherwise, please let us know if you've filled out a BugSplat report and I'll let our engineers know which usernames to search for.

EnragedLamington
Honored Guest
Have tried all the suggested solutions however nothing helps. Strangly it doesn't seem to matter what setting I use, even at lowest quality the stutters occur. 

It has gotten to a point now where I am unable to progress in the story as it makes me sick and I consider myself very resistant to vr/motion sickness. Something about the small but frequent skips and stutters makes my head trip. Disappointed as I'm really hooked but can't stomach more than ten minutes now. 

kuhne
Explorer

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to hear about these performance issues you've been experiencing since our last Lone Echo update. I've got a few questions and suggestions for you to see if they might help improve the performance or at least help us narrow down the causes:
  • Have you attempted loading a previous save and progressing from there to see if there's any difference? From the main menu, you should have the option to select Continue, New Game, and Previous Save (I believe); give that a go and please let me know if that improves anything for you.
  • Additionally, are you getting a BugSplat pop-up after your game crashes? If so, please fill out that information with our Oculus username in one of the fields, as that can help us locate your crash log to dissect it. If you're not getting the BugSplat pop-up (and the game is crashing), please let me know.
  • Please make sure that all of your graphics drivers are updated (I'd avoid the beta drivers, for now, to be on the safe side). After you update your drivers with a clean installation, please restart your PC and then reboot Lone Echo and see if there's any difference.
    Nvidia Drivers: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us 
    AMD Drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
If any of the above changes what you're experiencing, that'd be great to know! Otherwise, please let us know if you've filled out a BugSplat report and I'll let our engineers know which usernames to search for.

Soon after the game starts, where there is an anomaly and some damage is done to the ship, you have to take care of 3 things, some radiation, some boxes and the oxygen garden, I can choose which order to do them in.   

When I start the oxygen garden, regardless of the order I do it in, the game becomes unplayable with the framerate drop (regardless of quality setting, in fact it seems to get worse the lower quality I set) and not only is it unplayable but if I go into settings and try to switch video settings while in that state, the game crashes. Also if I go into a calibration sequence while in that state, the game crashes as well. Basically it seems like any scene cut away will make the game crash. This is only after I start the oxygen garden mission. I tried finishing that mission, then did the boxes and the radiation and the performance never got back to how it was, it stays buggy.

Drivers updated, computer specs are good enough for the game, etc.