cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stutter problems with people talking in Echo Arena

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege
Hi - I cannot hear what people are saying in Echo Arena as their speech is corrupted. I found a few others with the same problem but it doesn't seem common. Anyone know of a fix? Is it a codec issue? Here is a link to an example of it that was posted by someone in reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAcCuD6ZLQ&feature=youtu.be
79 REPLIES 79

Mundelbert
Honored Guest

wasyl00 said:

Few times I had similar occurance where I could understand one person, still slighly stuttery, but at least I could understand whats being said. It was such a great feeling to be able to communicoate and not being left out as usual 😕 I imagine people think I'm some kind of weirdo who is not responding to simple questions.

I love Echo Arena alot so I run a bunch of tests, especially around different performance settings but this problem happens regardless, even at lowest ones possible. 

Here is another recording from yesterday.

https://youtu.be/Aihdu8T5H1M

It sounds exactly the same for me.

Which hardware parts do you use?

I have a I-7 6700k
1070 Zotac
and a Gigabyte Mainboard.

My drivers seem to be on the latest update (Thats at least what windows says).

Is there a support from echo arena which we can talk to?

wasyl00
Protege
As far as I know this forum is the only way to contact support.

My specs:

I7-6700K 
Asus 1080Ti FE
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
16GB RAM
1TB SSD
Both CPU and GPU slighly OCed under custom watercooling.
Win10 with all latest drivers and updates
Network connection in a region of 16Mbps-Down 5Mbps-Up
My pings are stay normally between 22-35 with occasional matches around 65 but not very often.  

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege
My specs are

i5 3570k OCed to 4.2
Gigabyte GTX 1060
Gigabyte Z77 D3H
8gb RAM
512mb SSD
Win 10
14mbps down, 1mpbs up
In the UK. Ping tends to be 40-60.

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege

wasyl00 said:

Few times I had similar occurance where I could understand one person, still slighly stuttery, but at least I could understand whats being said. It was such a great feeling to be able to communicoate and not being left out as usual 😕 I imagine people think I'm some kind of weirdo who is not responding to simple questions.

I love Echo Arena alot so I run a bunch of tests, especially around different performance settings but this problem happens regardless, even at lowest ones possible. 

Here is another recording from yesterday.

https://youtu.be/Aihdu8T5H1M

It sounds exactly the same for me.

Which hardware parts do you use?

I have a I-7 6700k
1070 Zotac
and a Gigabyte Mainboard.

My drivers seem to be on the latest update (Thats at least what windows says).

Is there a support from echo arena which we can talk to?

I found a link in the latest patch notes to report bugs
(https://discordapp.com/channels/326412222119149578/327932288245432341).
Looks like other people have reported it but with only general advice
to restart modem or saying there may be other stuff taking up your
bandwidth.

wasyl00
Protege
Its strange. If there was a problem with network that would cause high pings and probably some visual lags, teleports etc. I've tried restarting my router anyway and made sure I dont have any QOS rules on my cable connection and I'm pretty sure I have unobstructed access to my whole bandwith, still only VOIP stutters...

Mundelbert
Honored Guest

wasyl00 said:

Its strange. If there was a problem with network that would cause high pings and probably some visual lags, teleports etc. I've tried restarting my router anyway and made sure I dont have any QOS rules on my cable connection and I'm pretty sure I have unobstructed access to my whole bandwith, still only VOIP stutters...

Yea i dont think it is the network either. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Have you guys tried fiddling with the Rift Audio parameters? If you right-click on the volume icon in your Windows taskbar, and open the Playback Devices dialogue, you can select Rift Audio and edit Properties. In the Advanced tab, you could try setting the sample rate down to 44100 Hz (CD Quality) instead of 48000 (DVD Quality). I believe that has helped some people who were having audio stuttering problems in other games.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

wasyl00
Protege

nalex66 said:

Have you guys tried fiddling with the Rift Audio parameters? If you right-click on the volume icon in your Windows taskbar, and open the Playback Devices dialogue, you can select Rift Audio and edit Properties. In the Advanced tab, you could try setting the sample rate down to 44100 Hz (CD Quality) instead of 48000 (DVD Quality). I believe that has helped some people who were having audio stuttering problems in other games.

Nope, just tested it. Thanks for suggestion but to be honest ingame sound itself is fine only transmitted voice stutters so not sure how lowering overall sound quality would helpin this case.

Mundelbert
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

I will definitly try that but i dont think thats the problem.
Thank you anyways! 

Edit: 
Didnt work for me.

FlAsH-FlOoD
Protege
I managed to talk to 3 people with clear VoIP today in the arena lobby, but it gradually broke up and turned garbled within about a minute. Which was odd.