cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

Nij
Heroic Explorer

johnco61 said:

Nij said:

johnco61 said:

johnco61 said:

johnco61 said:

LOL, will let you know when I hear more

48 hrs and still no word from support, can't believe it would take them this long to phone the Netherlands and ask if my Rift was on its way yet

Had an email today to say l'm moving up the ladder a bit. Should be delt with soon, what a joke!!

Sheeeett!!

This is not good, have you moved up the ladder to getting a new rift or just for your follow up enquiry 😄

I thought i'd be fine for a few weeks with no rift, but it's started to get to me now, really wanna play killing floor and rez, oh and the games I got in the summer sale, they must have run out of rifts after the sale!!

I have just moved up the ladder to look into the reason why my rift hasn't been replaced yet, they only need to phone the Netherlands and ask!! it's been 4 days now and they haven't even done that yet, I dread to think how long it will take to sort out if it's gone missing.
If they don't have rifts in stock they shouldn't send out a return label until they have them, I could still use mine,it wasn't ideal but I could still use it

Exactly, if they can't manage the turnaround of 12-14 days on getting you a replacement then they should hold off on asking you to send it back as I could still be playing mine now with my own headphones!
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Just woke up to an email today saying my replacement is on the way, no tracking number yet tho and nothing on the ups app, hoping I have it by the end of the week! 
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

johnco61
Expert Protege

Nij said:

Just woke up to an email today saying my replacement is on the way, no tracking number yet tho and nothing on the ups app, hoping I have it by the end of the week! 

Ya mine is on its way too!!

Nij
Heroic Explorer

johnco61 said:

Nij said:

Ya mine is on its way too!!

So been checking today for tracking numbers and nothing but then tonight I got an email from UPS saying I have a package on the way from oculus for thursday, thank the Lord!!!

johnco61
Expert Protege
That's great I'm the same, haven't had the tracking number yet but I'm hopeful. Probably not for the weekend though!!

a247slacker
Explorer
support had me switch the left head phone for the right one. this worked so then I put them back to default and they worked fine for about 2 weeks. Now im getting the right one cutting in and out again. so not sure if this is the connector area or in the headset wiring but weird so many are reporting an issue!

johnco61
Expert Protege
You can try switching them again and see what happens, (but I guess you've tried that)) if its cuts in and out when you put the headset on and take it off, also when adjusting the strap's then this is due to the faulty ribbon and will need returning. This will happen which ever ear phone you have plugged in. So I'd get back on to support

johnco61
Expert Protege
My rift turned up today without any warning!! How about you Nij?

Nij
Heroic Explorer

support had me switch the left head phone for the right one. this worked so then I put them back to default and they worked fine for about 2 weeks. Now im getting the right one cutting in and out again. so not sure if this is the connector area or in the headset wiring but weird so many are reporting an issue!

I did that before I contacted support just to check it wasn't the headphones themselves and I knew support would ask me to do it too 😄 and I pretty much made sure I'd troubleshooted everything else, so we only exchanged a few emails before they asked me to send it back

johnco61 said:

My rift turned up today without any warning!! How about you Nij?

Oh glad you got yours today mate and yeah as per my post above, I had no email from oculus only an email from UPS on tuesday to say I had a package on the way and it was coming today, meant to say to you get the UPS app because it'll tell you on there before oculus do lol!

Ahh back in the rift again!!

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you experience any problems with your new Rift, please feel free to submit a ticket.
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV