New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• Carbo-OZCarbo-OZ Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Anyone else experiencing startup crash with latest OH 1.17.0.424527?  Tray Tool launches but never fully starts then crashes?
  • mclizenmclizen Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Deleted
  • SyntheticSynthetic Posts: 704
    Trinity
    edited August 2017
    amazing tool!, working in vulkan on a DK2 in X:rebirth VR extreme beta so I guess it works in anything

we need hacks like you! next john carmack

edit: SS 2.0
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 400
    Trinity
    Thanks mate! =) New version is almost ready, should be out soon-ish. It's got a few new tweaks and stuff in there.
  • ArnrosArnros Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hello,
    Thanks for your tool ! :)

I have one question about it. I'm playing to Iracing / Assetto Corsa and each games have pixel density option.

I've configured OTT with Super Sampling 1.4. Is it in additional than pixel density game option or does it overwrite the settings?

Thanks a lot

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,367 Valuable Player
    You've done a great job with this - I've been using it for some time. Just wanted to say thank you.

Trinity
    It depends on the game. Some games will use their own ss setting no matter what you set in OTT. Some games allow overwrites. As a general recommendation i suggest using the built-in ss setting in the game, when there is one. In those cases, create a profile for the game and leave ss at 0. Then you can still set ASW in the profile (and in next version also cpu priority) but let the games ss setting be used.
  • ArnrosArnros Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Ok thanks for the answer.
  • TykeroTykero Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    For some reason, when I try to "Add SteamVR to Home", I get a pop up message that says "No current row" and then the SteamVR injector UI appears, but with no games to select. I had previously replaced a program with SteamVR, but it disappeared for some reason and this started happening. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Tykero said:
    For some reason, when I try to "Add SteamVR to Home", I get a pop up message that says "No current row" and then the SteamVR injector UI appears, but with no games to select. I had previously replaced a program with SteamVR, but it disappeared for some reason and this started happening. Anyone have any ideas?
    Whilst this may have been a great function pre OH 1.17, Why use it now when OH 1.17 has native Steam VR and 3rd party app integration?
  • TykeroTykero Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Tykero said:
    Whilst this may have been a great function pre OH 1.17, Why use it now when OH 1.17 has native Steam VR and 3rd party app integration?

I haven't had much luck with it reliably adding 3rd party apps or Steam VR to my library in OH.
  • HiCZoKHiCZoK Posts: 230
    Art3mis
    Any idea how to supersample steamvr game? I am talking about hot dogs, horseshoes, hand grenades
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    HiCZoK said:
    Any idea how to supersample steamvr game? I am talking about hot dogs, horseshoes, hand grenades
    If a profile is not working try setting the global SS value. I have had to do this with a couple of games. 
  • L.E.D.BLUEL.E.D.BLUE Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2017
    Cool.
  • XandrTVXandrTV Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    OTT 0.80 (previous versions did this too) fails to access the Oculus library if it's stored in a mounted folder. In my case I have one of my SSDs mounted as C:\Games and told the Oculus software to store Apps in C:\Games\Oculus. OTT tries to read the manifests from C:\Oculus\Software since it apparently sees the folder relative to the volume that's mounted in C:\Games.
  • CJDJCJDJ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Noticed a bug (posted on reddit that I can duplicate it).  When Browsing for a replacement "Icon" image for a game (Subnautica for example won't load, so I downloaded from Google Drive link), after clicking "Use This" it deletes everything in said folder... Luckily I saved the images to their own folder before doing this... someone else in reddit lost their entire download folder.
  • SwirlyMapleSwirlyMaple Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    CJDJ said:
    Noticed a bug (posted on reddit that I can duplicate it).  When Browsing for a replacement "Icon" image for a game (Subnautica for example won't load, so I downloaded from Google Drive link), after clicking "Use This" it deletes everything in said folder... Luckily I saved the images to their own folder before doing this... someone else in reddit lost their entire download folder.
    I love this tool, but PLEASE POST A WARNING ABOUT THE BUG CJDJ MENTIONED! I also just lot my whole download folder because of this, where I unfortunately had a TON of large files stored. :( !
    Trinity
    I've removed the download link, will take a look at this issue and fix it. So sorry about this, will update when i have a chance to take a look at it.
    Trinity
    PLEASE DO NOT use the icon replacement feature as it is broken and might cause your download folder to get deleted. I have found the issue and will fix it but do not use this in version 0.80!
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Since you've the functionality to add game icons (I know there's a bug at the moment on this), but is there any method you can see yet @ApollyonVR for editing the actual game link in Oculus Home? I've a couple of Steam games that Oculus Home has created non-working links for, and I don't want to remove them in case I can't get any link for the game in Home in the future.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,517 Valuable Player
    Sitruz said:
    Since you've the functionality to add game icons (I know there's a bug at the moment on this), but is there any method you can see yet @ApollyonVR for editing the actual game link in Oculus Home? I've a couple of Steam games that Oculus Home has created non-working links for, and I don't want to remove them in case I can't get any link for the game in Home in the future.

Yes I have a couple as well, and am doing the same leaving them in there in hopes a way to fix might happen at some point.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    Bug found and fixed, will release an update soon.
  • sherpa25sherpa25 Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    Bug found and fixed, will release an update soon.
    Not sure if its been reported already, but with v0.8, I also keep getting 'No current row' error at startup and when pressing 'Create/Update' in Profiles (ie. checked two games but adding them doesn't work).
    Trinity
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the info, will take a look at that also. 
  • FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2017
    Removed, somehow my warning about the bug was delayed by 24 hours.

• FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2017
    duplicate comment

• Replicant77Replicant77 Posts: 39
    NerveGear
    how do you make profile settings stick/save? I changed 1, didn't stick, I then changed that one and 2 more, only that one stuck. is there a button I have to press after changing?
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    how do you make profile settings stick/save? I changed 1, didn't stick, I then changed that one and 2 more, only that one stuck. is there a button I have to press after changing?
    There's a save button isn't there.
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    Also make sure the checkbox on the left is ticked for the profile you want to alter / create
    Trinity
    There are a few issues with the new profiles view.

- "No current row" error on startup. A new build is out for testing the fix.
    - "Object reference" error when saving /reading profiles. A new build is out for testing the fix.

On a side note i have also made a feature to view and edit the properties of third-party apps, so that
    third-party games that do not work can be a bit more easily edited.

Cheers!