Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusSetup /drive:D not working

sprobst
Explorer
Hi,
I found the manual
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1676275305961321/
to install the oculus software on a other drive. However "OculusSetup /drive:D" is not working, the setup starts for a moment and ends then without any error message. Running "OculusSetup" without any parameter is working, however still havin the software installed in the program folder on the C: drive!
Did anybody experienced the same effect and has a solution for that issue?
Best regards & thank you

8 REPLIES 8

ThatTechGuy
Protege
is the D drive a Network Mapped drive?
AMD Ryzen 1800X | GYGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA GTX980 FTW |120GB SanDisk SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD | EVGA 850 GQ Power supply | Fractal Design Define S

sprobst
Explorer
Not it is a normal hard drive! It is a partition on my HDD! C: is a partition on the SDD

ThatTechGuy
Protege
did you try "OculusSetup /drive=D" instead of "OculusSetup /drive:D". I'm not at home to check if my oculus games are installing on my C drive or my D drive. I'll check in a couple house when I get home.
AMD Ryzen 1800X | GYGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA GTX980 FTW |120GB SanDisk SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD | EVGA 850 GQ Power supply | Fractal Design Define S

ThatTechGuy
Protege
For me Oculus is installed in these three locations:
C:\Program Files\Oculus
C:\Program Files\Oculus VR Runtime Drivers
D:\Oculus Apps
^this is suppose to say D drive
here is how my drives look in disk management. I hope this helps
l1b5bh0oau1q.png

sprobst
Explorer
Thank you "OculusSetup /drive=D" did work, i tried different possibilities, but not that! They sould update the manual!

Richooal
Consultant

sprobst said:

They sould update the manual!

It's already there, in the link you provided. You just need to read it all.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

sprobst
Explorer
I am from Germany and on the German representation of the Page there is not note about that! I just changed the accept language of my browser to English and suprisingly there is that addotional note! Then they have to ensure that the manual are equal in all languages!

Thank you anyway!

ThatTechGuy
Protege
Im happy i could help, have a wonderful day :smile: