New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• zormonezormone Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    @zormone goddamn awesome! Welcome to the party! You going to detail or paint him?
    Thx
    Maybe i will paint him.
  • VectorbellyVectorbelly Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    First Sculpt here.  Just Fired up Medium for the first time a couple days ago.  Made this after watching the tutorials. I was amazed by how quickly you can start using Medium.  No 3D digital design experience here, just a lifelong artist that's been itching to begin creating again.

• squidbreakfastsquidbreakfast Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    sajan666 said:

These are fantastic! Good luck with the painting!
    I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

NerveGear
    It's a me .... mario
    Holy Nightmare Fuel Batman!  I like it!
    NerveGear
    zormone said:
    This was fun in Medium.I love it.
    Live long and prosper.
    Hey Zormone!  Great sculpt.  What techniques did you use to get such crisp details, or did you just jack the resolution on each layer way up?  Also if you did increase the reso, how many levels did you go up?
  • zormonezormone Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    @Vectorbelly thx
    I cranked up the resolution for both,the face and hair,a few times.I dont know how many levels but the last one took 1-2 min to complete the calculation.
  • HiCZoKHiCZoK Posts: 230
    Art3mis
    First time playing medium.

Nothing as cool as other people are posting but I am proud of my abomination anyway :wink:

NerveGear
    @HiCZoK That's the beauty of Medium!  Sky's the limit, and have fun.  Cool little "abomination" you got there!  My current issue is finding 64gigs of RAM for a decent amount of money....lol.
  • Splatter_666Splatter_666 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    First time in VR and my first sculpt "welcome To Hell". Had so much fun doing this and can't wait to practice with this programme and get better with techniques and finishes. Awesome fun. 

• danilodanilo Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    These are my "firsties" on medium.  Loving the software so far. I wish i had more time to sculpt... so much work to do and so little time...
    Brain Burst
    madamluck said:
    Found diffuse slider which makes surface look more 'fleshy'

Couple of hours on this orc head, slowly getting used to this!

I watched your entire YouTube video on this... I'm in awe of your talent!! You make it look so easy and after watching your video I felt like I can do this! But that was short lived when I got into medium lol just want you to know your amazing! 
    Where is the video? I would like to watch. I got some problems with cranking the resolution. After 3x times increase Medium crashes sometimes... I just bought more 16gb, I hope that will solve my problem
    Brain Burst
    zormone said:
    This was fun in Medium.I love it.
    Live long and prosper.
    Beautiful! How many RAM do you have on your system? I got some problems with cranking up the resolution. After 3x times increase Medium crashes...  I just bought more 16gb, so i will end with 32gb DDR4.  I hope that will solve my problems with layer resolution
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    edited August 2017
    @danilo Layer resolution is (for my money) one of the strangest, most counter intuitive bits of Medium to get to grips with. It's a bit like subdivision but it's the layer that subdivides more like scaling in Photoshop. Best advice I have is to pay attention to the large, black bounding box which usually starts off so big that it's easy to not even notice. 

What you have to understand about this box is that there are always the same number of voxels in it. As you up the resolution the box will shrink as your sculpt is spread out over 4 times as many voxels. The available layer shrinks to match and ends up more full.

Going up to 32 gig will give you a ton of breathing space to figure it out.

Brain Burst
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    @danilo Layer resolution is (for my money) one of the strangest, most counter intuitive bits of Medium to get to grips with. It's a bit like subdivision but it's the layer that subdivides more like scaling in Photoshop. Best advice I have is to pay attention to the large, black bounding box which usually starts off so big that it's easy to not even notice. 

What you have to understand about this box is that there are always the same number of voxels in it. As you up the resolution the box will shrink as your sculpt is spread out over 4 times as many voxels. The available layer shrinks to match and ends up more full.

P3nT4gR4m  Thanks for the explanation. 
    I noticed this box before but I did not really understand what it meant.  There is a place to read more about this technical details on Medium? The manual seems to be lacking this kind of information.
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the explanation! There is a place to read more about this kind of technical information?     P3nT4gR4m said:

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    @danilo Your best best is to stick around here. What you gotta appreciate is that Medium is so new, everyone is still figuring out how it works. I've picked up a ton of stuff on this forum. Oh, and check out the livestreams. Those things are a goldmine. You can get the old ones on youtube or facebook.

• MoonshineGMoonshineG Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Just downloaded the baby model and first good go on Medium, hope you like was fun working on
  • LrdCeylanKLrdCeylanK Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    my first attempt was loads of fun would like to try sculpting with a friend as i saw the option would be cool let meknw some thoughts :smile:
  • Stefan_WackerStefan_Wacker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Day 2 with medium ;)

http://www.stefanwacker.com/
  • Stefan_WackerStefan_Wacker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Day 2 with medium ;)

http://www.stefanwacker.com/
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,212 Valuable Player
    I suck at this....  LOL!!!!  Tried to paint it but the paint went on weird....like a polygon or  something.

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,212 Valuable Player

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    @Digikid1 we all gotta start somewhere! :) Have you looked through the tutorials yet? :)

The reason it looks like 'polygon' when your painting is because the resolution is too low, try increasing it to have more fine painting! :)