cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo sudden poor performance

Delta1337
Honored Guest
Hi,

I've been greatly enjoying the game so far and had almost no problems, other than a crash when the giant ship appears.

However, today I loaded up Oculus and I had a notification that "Lone Echo had finished installing" ??

Now when I run the game, it's a bit laggy to start and also a few glitches while loading. Once in the game, its laggy as hell 😞

Anyone else experiencing this today? Maybe there was another patch rolled out that has caused the poor performance?

I was thinking of doing a re-install of the game but was worried I'd lose my save points, anyone know if I would?

Regards,
Rich

33 REPLIES 33

Szoreny
Honored Guest
What is with the induction chargers in the Unknown Vessel, - I just got to that section and using one simply destroys my CPU and GPU timings.  Did those items work fine in a previous version?

Roaster
Rising Star
They still work ok now.  I just finished the game last night and never had a glitch.

i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Szoreny said:

What is with the induction chargers in the Unknown Vessel, - I just got to that section and using one simply destroys my CPU and GPU timings.  Did those items work fine in a previous version?

Last time i played it was the way you described, i think it is something driver or hardware specific that is affecting some players which is not fixed.. i have a gtx 1080 still suffer from it...it could also be from some ingame graphics settings, but i did not test it

Szoreny
Honored Guest

Nacaryus said:

Szoreny said:

Last time i played it was the way you described, i think it is something driver or hardware specific that is affecting some players which is not fixed.. i have a gtx 1080 still suffer from it...it could also be from some ingame graphics settings, but i did not test it

Yeah I've got a 1080ti and those chargers are brutal, the frame timings go off the charts in one big solid block while one is active.  

Using still 382.33 if that's of any interest.  

I also haven't tried lowering settings in a troubleshoot attempt, its not a big deal but rather curious.

Roaster
Rising Star
980Ti has no problem. Played through entire game again tonight without stopping, not one glitch.
Had some different missions this time.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roaster said:

980Ti has no problem. Played through entire game again tonight without stopping, not one glitch.
Had some different missions this time.

now i wonder if its a gtx10.. series issue, highly unlikely but still, you never know

exzachtly1
Honored Guest
Hey all, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on this. I bought my rift a few weeks ago. System was originally:

FX6300
8GB DDR3 1600
GTX 1060 6GB

I was having major performance issues like those described in this thread. Most other games ran fine but definitely taxed the system. So I decided why not try an upgrade?

Now I am running:

Ryzen 5 1600 (stock)
16GB DDR4 3000
GTX 1060 6GB

Huge upgrade overall, and Lone Echo did smooth out a bit but I still get horrible stuttering and audio cut outs almost constantly. The Unknown Vessel gets particularly bad when using chargers, and when in rooms with lots of spores floating around. I've not had the time to test other games too extensively, but Robo Recall was running smooth as butter (in fact it did even on my old hardware).

develdoe
Honored Guest
Running a 7700k at 5.2 Ghz, 1080ti at 2050Mhz, past unknown Vessel the game runns like shit, for a system like mine and I am feeling sick and don't know if ill finish the game. Strange thing is that in oculus HUD performance headroom is at -150%, however my GPU utilization is at 29 % and my CPU at 34%

Roaster
Rising Star
That makes it look like some problem with the motherboard.  Have you run any benchmarks? SWAG tone down the ghz's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roaster said:

That makes it look like some problem with the motherboard.  Have you run any benchmarks? SWAG tone down the ghz's.

he said past unknown vessel..