All Public High Schools in Arkansas to Receive Facebook VR Kits — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

All Public High Schools in Arkansas to Receive Facebook VR Kits

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,936 Valuable Player
This is rather outstanding news:

Facebook has decided to expand an existing partnership with the Arkansas Department of Education and now plans to bring virtual reality (VR) education to every public high school in the state.

The original Arkansas Facebook and Techstart Partnership was announced earlier this year and entailed donating 500 VR kits to about 250 schools, educational co-ops and STEM education centers. The classroom VR kits include an Oculus Rift, touch controller, 30 VR viewers and other equipment necessary to participate in the Techstart program — which combines virtual reality instruction, curriculum support and professional development for educators to give students access to high quality computer science and VR education.

http://360vrcommunity.com/2017/09/01/good-news-all-public-high-schools-in-arkansas-to-receive-facebook-vr-kits/

I love that Facebook chose Arkansas since it is one of the lowest ranking States in terms of Education. What a great way to boost some smarts.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 223
    Nexus 6
    Wait..there are 250 schools in Arkansas?!?
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,999 Valuable Player
    Lmao!!!!!!
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,613 Valuable Player
    Great to hear, although personally I wouldn't give anyone from Arkansas ANYTHING at all until they start to pronounce 'sas' as 'sass' instead of 'saw' lol :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever